Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Manage your formulary budget
Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||A method is disclosed for the preparation of optically pure isomers of formoterol by the reaction of an optically pure 4-benzyloxy-3-formamidostyrene oxide with an optically pure 4-methoxy-.alpha.-methyl-N-(phenylmethyl)benzeneethanamine followed by debenzylation. Useful intermediates in the process are also disclosed, as are the novel L-tartrate salt of R,R-formoterol and pharmaceutical compositions thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Gao; Yun (Southborough, MA), Hett; Robert (Aarau, CH), Fang; Kevin Q. (Wellesley, MA), Wald; Stephen A. (Sudbury, MA), Redmon; Martin P. (Marlborough, MA), Senanayake; Chris Hugh (Shrewsbury, MA)|
|Assignee:||Sepracor Inc. (Marlborough, MA)|
1. Crystalline R,R-formoterol L-(+)-tartrate.
2. Solid R,R-formoterol L-(+)-tartrate having a melting point greater than 179.degree. C.
3. A polymorph of R,R-formoterol L-(+)-tartrate having a transition point in differential scanning calorimetry of about 193.degree. C. and a solubility in water at 25.degree. C. of about 15 mg/mL.
4. A polymorph of R,R-formoterol L-(+)-tartrate having a transition point in differential scanning calorimetry of about 180.degree. C. and a solubility in water at 25.degree. C. of greater than 25 mg/mL.
5. A pharmaceutical composition comprising R,R-formoterol L-(+)-tartrate and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
6. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 5 wherein said pharmaceutically acceptable carrier is substantially lactose-free.
7. An aerosol pharmaceutical composition according to claim 5.
8. An oral pharmaceutical composition according to claim 5.
9. An oral pharmaceutical composition according to claim 8 in the form of a tablet, capsule or syrup.
10. A dry powder pharmaceutical composition for inhalation according to claim 5 comprising R,R-formoterol L-(+)-tartrate and a dry, solid carrier having a mean particle size between 1 .mu.m and 100 .mu.m.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.