Anticipate generic drug launch
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Find generic entry opportunities
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Seals for use in an aerosol delivery device|
|Abstract:||A device for delivering an aerosol, comprising: a casing member, a valve stem, and a diaphragm. The diaphragm is made of an ethylene-propylene-diene rubber ("EPDM") and is stable to dimensional change when exposed to 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane or 1,1,1,2,3,3,3-heptafluoroethane.|
|Inventor(s):||Kwon; Oh-Seung (Woodbury, MN)|
|Assignee:||Minnesota Mining & Manufacturing Co. (St. Paul, MN)|
1. A device for delivering an aerosol, comprising: a valve stem, a diaphragm comprising an ethylene-propylene-diene rubber free of silicone adhesive agents and having
walls defining a diaphragm aperture, and a casing member having walls defining a formulation chamber and a casing aperture, wherein the valve stem passes through the diaphragm aperture and the casing aperture and is in slidable sealing engagement with
the diaphragm aperture, and wherein the diaphragm is in sealing engagement with the casing member, the device having contained in the formulation chamber thereof a medicinal aerosol formulation wherein the medicinal aerosol formulation comprises
1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane or 1,1,1,2,3,3,3-heptafluoropropane.
2. A device according to claim 1 wherein the diaphragm is stable to dimensional change when exposed to the medicinal aerosol formulation.
3. A device according to claim 1, wherein the ethylene-propylene-diene rubber is the only polymer component of the diaphragm.
4. A device according to claim 1, wherein the ethylene-propylene-diene rubber is present in the form of particles dispersed in a continuous thermoplastic matrix.
5. A device according to claim 4, wherein the thermoplastic matrix comprises polypropylene or polyethylene.
6. A device according to claim 2, wherein the ethylene-propylene-diene rubber is the only polymer component of the diaphragm.
7. A device according to claim 2, wherein the ethylene-propylene-diene rubber is present in the form of particles dispersed in a continuous thermoplastic matrix.
8. A device according to claim 7, wherein the thermoplastic matrix comprises polypropylene or polyethylene.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.