|Title:||Oral liquid compositions containing paroxetine resinate|
|Abstract:||An oral liquid pharmaceutical composition comprising a paroxetine-Amberlite IRP88 complex.|
|Inventor(s):||Leonard; Graham Stanley (St Albans, GB), Cooper; David (Welwyn Garden City, GB)|
|Assignee:||SmithKline Beecham plc (Brentford, GB)|
1. An oral liquid pharmaceutical composition comprising a paroxetine-AMBERLITE IRP-88 complex.
2. A process for preparing a pharmaceutical composition as defined in claim 1 which process comprises mixing paroxetine and AMBERLITE IRP-88 together in aqueous medium.
3. A process according to claim 2 in which the molar ratio of AMBERLITE IRP 88 to paroxetine is 1:1 to 2:1.
4. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 in which any one or more of the following is added; thickeners, dispersants, moisture retaining agents, sweeteners, buffering agents, preservatives, artificial colours, flavourings and anti-foaming agents.
5. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 4 in which the amount of buffering agents are controlled to give a pH of 4 to 6.
6. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 4 which is in the form of a unit dose.
7. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 6 in which the amount of paroxetine in the unit dose is 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, 40 mg, or 50 mg.
8. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 in which the paroxetine is in the form of the hydrochloride hemihydrate.
9. A method of treating or preventing mixed anxiety and depression, obsessive compulsive disorders, panic, pain, obesity, senile dementia, migraine, bulimia, anorexia, social phobia and depression arising from pre-menstrual tension and adolescence which comprises administering an effective or prophylatic amount of an oral liquid pharmaceutical composition as defined in claim 1, according to any one of claims 1 and 4 to 8 to a sufferer in need thereof.