Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Oral liquid compositions containing paroxetine resinate|
|Abstract:||An oral liquid pharmaceutical composition comprising a paroxetine-Amberlite IRP88 complex.|
|Inventor(s):||Leonard; Graham Stanley (St Albans, GB), Cooper; David (Welwyn Garden City, GB)|
|Assignee:||SmithKline Beecham plc (Brentford, GB)|
1. An oral liquid pharmaceutical composition comprising a paroxetine-AMBERLITE IRP-88 complex.
2. A process for preparing a pharmaceutical composition as defined in claim 1 which process comprises mixing paroxetine and AMBERLITE IRP-88 together in aqueous medium.
3. A process according to claim 2 in which the molar ratio of AMBERLITE IRP 88 to paroxetine is 1:1 to 2:1.
4. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 in which any one or more of the following is added; thickeners, dispersants, moisture retaining agents, sweeteners, buffering agents, preservatives, artificial colours, flavourings and anti-foaming agents.
5. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 4 in which the amount of buffering agents are controlled to give a pH of 4 to 6.
6. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 4 which is in the form of a unit dose.
7. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 6 in which the amount of paroxetine in the unit dose is 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg, 40 mg, or 50 mg.
8. A pharmaceutical composition according to claim 1 in which the paroxetine is in the form of the hydrochloride hemihydrate.
9. A method of treating or preventing mixed anxiety and depression, obsessive compulsive disorders, panic, pain, obesity, senile dementia, migraine, bulimia, anorexia, social phobia and depression arising from pre-menstrual tension and adolescence which comprises administering an effective or prophylatic amount of an oral liquid pharmaceutical composition as defined in claim 1, according to any one of claims 1 and 4 to 8 to a sufferer in need thereof.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.