Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Certain aminoguanidine compounds, pharmaceutical compositions containing them and their use in treating gastrointestinal motility disorders and disorders associated with cephalic pain|
|Abstract:||Compounds of formula wherein A is derived from optionally substituted benzothiophene, indole, 4-aza-and 7-aza-benzothiophene or-indole, A bearing in position 5 hydrogen, halogen, optionally substituted alkyl, hydroxy, nitro, amino, alkylamino, acylamino, alkoxycarbonyl, sulfamoyl, cyano, trimethylsilyl, carboxy, carbamoyl, phosphate, oxycarbamoyl, heterocyclic radical or ether or ester group, X-Y is --CR.sub.8 .dbd.N-- or CH(R.sub.8)--NH-- wherein R.sub.8 is -H or alkyl and attached at position 3 of A, and B is a heterocyclic radical or a residue ##STR1## wherein R.sub.10 is H, optionally substituted alkyl, cycloalkyl, aryl, adamantyl, acyl or carbamoyl and X.sub.2 is alkylthio or NR.sub.3 R.sub.10 wherein R.sub.3 is H or alkyl or R.sub.3 and R.sub.10 together with the nitrogen atom to which they are attached form a heterocyclic radical, in free form or in salt form, have pharmacological activity, e.g. for treating gastrointestinal disorders.|
|Inventor(s):||Giger; Rudolf K. A. (Muttenz, CH), Mattes; Henri (Brunstadt, FR)|
|Assignee:||Sandoz Ltd. (Basel, CH)|
1. A compound of the formula ##STR27## wherein R.sub.1 hydrogen; C.sub.1-6 alkyl; (C.sub.1-6 alkyl)carbonyl; or benzoyl;
R.sub.5 is hydrogen; halo; C.sub.1-6 alkyl; hydroxy; nitro; amino; C.sub.1-4 alkylamino; C.sub.1-10 alkylcarbonylamino; C.sub.2-6 alkoxy-carbonyl; SO.sub.2 NR.sub.a R.sub.b ; cyano; trimethylsilyl; C.sub.1-6 alkyl monosubstituted by --SO.sub.2 -(C.sub.1-6 alkyl), --SO.sub.2 NR.sub.a R.sub.b, --CONR.sub.a R.sub.b, --NH--SO.sub.2 --(C.sub.1-6 alkyl), --N (C.sub.1-6 alkyl)--SO.sub.2 --(C.sub.1-6 alkyl), --NR.sub.a R.sub.b, C.sub.2-6 alkoxycarbonyl or --PO(C.sub.1-4 alkyl).sub.2 ; carboxy; CONR.sub.a R.sub.b ; --PO(C.sub.1-4 alkyl).sub.2 ;
--OCONR.sub.c R.sub.d ; C.sub.1-6 alkoxy; C.sub.1-6 alkoxy monosubstituted
by hydroxy, C.sub.1-4 alkoxy, NR.sub.a R'.sub.b, CONR.sub.a R.sub.b, CSNR.sub.a R.sub.b,
(C.sub.1-6 alkyl)carbonyloxy or benzoyloxy;
C.sub.2-6 alkenyloxy; pyridyl-carbonyloxy;
(C.sub.1-6 alkyl)carbonyloxy; or benzoyloxy;
and wherever they appear in the above definition of
R.sub.5, each of R.sub.a and R.sub.b, independently, is hydrogen or C.sub.1-6 alkyl; R'.sub.b is hydrogen or C.sub.1-6 alkyl; and each of R.sub.c and R.sub.d, independently, is C.sub.1-6 alkyl;
R.sub.7 is hydrogen, halo, C.sub.1-6 alkyl or C.sub.1-6 alkoxy;
X--Y is --CR.sub.8 .dbd.N-- or---H(R.sub.8)--NH-- where R.sub.8 is hydrogen or C.sub.1-6 alkyl; and
B is a radical of formula (a) or (b), ##STR28## where n is 1 or 2;
A.sub.1 is C.dbd.O or CH.sub.2 ;
X.sub.1 is S; NR.sub.11 where R.sub.11 is hydrogen; or CR.sub.12 R.sub.13 where each of R.sub.12 and R.sub.13, independently, is hydrogen or C.sub.1-4 alkyl;
R.sub.10 is hydrogen; C.sub.1-12 alkyl; C.sub.1-6 alkyl monosubstituted by hydroxy, aryl, aryloxy, adamantyl, a heterocyclic radical, --NH--SO.sub.2 -aryl or --NR.sub.15 --COR.sub.16 where R.sub.15 is hydrogen or C.sub.1-4 alkyl and R.sub.16 is C.sub.1-6 alkyl, C.sub.5-7 cycloalkyl, C.sub.5-7 cycloalkyl-C.sub.1-4 alkyl, aryl or aryl(C.sub.1-4 alkyl); C.sub.5-7 cycloalkyl; adamantyl; (C.sub.1-10 alkyl)-carbonyl; benzoyl; phenyl(C.sub.1-4 alkyl)carbonyl; or --CONHR.sub.14 where R.sub.14 is C.sub.1-10 alkyl or C.sub.5-7 cycloalkyl;
and wherever "aryl" appears as is or in the significances "aryloxy", "--NH--SO.sub.2 -aryl" or "aryl(C.sub.1-4 alkyl)" in the above definition, it is phenyl or phenyl mono- or disubstituted by fluoro, chloro, methyl or methoxy; and wherever the term "a heterocyclic radical" appears in the above definition, it is pyridyl, imidazolyl, benzimidazolyl, pyrrolidinyl, piperidino, pyrazinyl, perhydroindolyl or a radical of formula (d) ##STR29## where E is --CH.sub.2 CH.sub.2 --,--CH.sub.2 N(R.sub.17)-- where R.sub.17 is hydrogen or C.sub.1-4 alkyl; or --(CH.sub.2).sub.3 --where one or two hydrogens therein can be replaced by C.sub.1-6 alkyl; and E.sub.1 is --CO--or --CH.sub.2 --;
X.sub.2 is --SR.sub.20 where R.sub.20 is C.sub.1-6 alkyl; or --NR.sub.3 R'.sub.10 where either R.sub.3 is hydrogen or C.sub.1-6 alkyl and R'.sub.10 has one of the significances indicated above for R.sub.10 ; or R.sub.3 and
R'.sub.10 together with the nitrogen atom to which they are attached form a heterocyclic radical as defined above;
with the proviso that where B is a radical of formula (b), only one of R.sub.10 and R'.sub.10 can be other than hydrogen and X.sub.2 can be --SR.sub.20 only when R.sub.10 is hydrogen; which compound is in free base or pharmaceutically acceptable salt form.
2. A compound of claim 1 wherein each of R.sub.1 and R.sub.7 is hydrogen.
3. A compound of claim 1 wherein each of R.sub.1 and R.sub.7 is hydrogen and R.sub.5 is hydroxy or C.sub.1-6 alkoxy.
4. A compound of claim 1 wherein at least one of R.sub.1 and R.sub.7 is other than hydrogen.
5. A compound of claim 1 wherein each of R.sub.1 and R.sub.7 is hydrogen and R.sub.5 is hydrogen, hydroxy, C.sub.1-6 alkoxy, carboxy, C.sub.2-6 alkoxycarbonyl, CONR.sub.a R.sub.b where R.sub.a and R.sub.b are as defined in claim 14, SO.sub.2 NH(C.sub.1-6 alkyl) or C.sub.1-6 alkyl monosubstituted by --SO.sub.2 --(C.sub.1-6 alkyl) or --PO(C.sub.1-4 alkyl).sub.2.
6. A compound according to claim 1 which is 5-methoxy-indole-3-carboxaldehyde amino-(pentyl-amino)methylenehydrazone, in free base form or in pharmaceutically acceptable salt form.
7. A compound according to claim 1 which is [5-hydroxy-indole-3-carboxaldehydeamino(N-cyclo-hexylureido)methylenehydra zone, 5hydroxy-indole-3-carboxaldehyde amino (3-benzimidazol-2-yl-propylamino)methylenehydrazone] 5-carbamoyl-indole-3-carboxaldehydeamino(pentyl-amino)methylenehydrazone, 5-hydroxy-7-methyl-indole-3-carboxaldehyde amino(pentyl-amino)methylene-hydrazone, 1-ethyl-5-hydroxy-indole-3-carboxaldehyde amino (pentyl-amino)methylenehydrazone and 5-hydroxy-7-methyl-indole-3-carboxaldehyde amino (N-methyl-N-pentyl-amino)-methylenehydrazone, all of which are in free base form or in pharmaceutically acceptable salt form.
8. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier or diluent and a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1, which compound is in free base or pharmaceutically acceptable salt form.
9. A method of treating a gastrointestinal motility disorder comprising administering to a subject in need of such treatment a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1, which compound is in free base or pharmaceutically acceptable salt form.
10. A method according to claim 9 wherein the disorder is irritable bowel syndrome, gastroesophageal reflux disease or constipation.
11. A method of treating a disorder associated with cephalic pain comprising administering to a subject in need of such treatment a therapeutically effective amount of a compound of claim 1, which compound is in free base or pharmaceutically acceptable salt form.
12. A method according to claim 11 wherein the disorder is migraine headaches.
13. A compound of claim 1 wherein B is a radical ##STR30## or a radical of formula (b) where R.sub.10 and X.sub.2 are as defined in claim 1.
14. The compound of claim 6 which is in pharmaceutically acceptable acid addition salt form.
15. The compound of claim 6 which is in hydrogen maleate form.
16. A compound according to claim 1 where X--Y is --CR.sub.8 .dbd.N--.
17. A compound according to claim 1 where B is a radical of formula (b) where R.sub.10 is hydrogen and X.sub.2 is --NR.sub.3 R'.sub.10 where R.sub.3 is hydrogen or C.sub.1-4 alkyl and R'.sub.10 is C.sub.1-12 alkyl.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.