|Title:|| Hirudin derivative|
|Abstract:||A hirudin derivative which has the N-terminal amino acid sequence Leu-Thr-Tyr-Thr-Asp shows high biological activity. Moreover, this hirudin derivative can be obtained very efficiently by genetic engineering preparation in yeasts.|
|Inventor(s):|| Crause; Peter (Offenbach, DE), Habermann; Paul (Frankfurt am Main, DE), Tripier; Dominique (Eppstein/Taunus, DE) |
|Assignee:|| Hoechst Aktiengesellschaft (Frankfurt am Main, DE) |
1. A hirudin derivative with the amino acid sequence ##STR23##
2. DNA coding for the polypeptide having the amino acid sequence as claimed in claim 1.
3. Vectors containing a DNA sequence as claimed in claim 2.
4. A process for the preparation of a polypeptide as claimed in claim 1, which comprises expression of a DNA as claimed in claim 2 in a host cell.
5. The process as claimed in claim 4, wherein the host cell is a yeast cell.
6. A pharmaceutical containing a polypeptide as claimed in claim 1.