Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Abstract:||A hirudin derivative which has the N-terminal amino acid sequence Leu-Thr-Tyr-Thr-Asp shows high biological activity. Moreover, this hirudin derivative can be obtained very efficiently by genetic engineering preparation in yeasts.|
|Inventor(s):||Crause; Peter (Offenbach, DE), Habermann; Paul (Frankfurt am Main, DE), Tripier; Dominique (Eppstein/Taunus, DE)|
|Assignee:||Hoechst Aktiengesellschaft (Frankfurt am Main, DE)|
1. A hirudin derivative with the amino acid sequence ##STR23##
2. DNA coding for the polypeptide having the amino acid sequence as claimed in claim 1.
3. Vectors containing a DNA sequence as claimed in claim 2.
4. A process for the preparation of a polypeptide as claimed in claim 1, which comprises expression of a DNA as claimed in claim 2 in a host cell.
5. The process as claimed in claim 4, wherein the host cell is a yeast cell.
6. A pharmaceutical containing a polypeptide as claimed in claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.