Generated: April 26, 2017
|Title:||Film coated tablet of ranitidine HCl|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to an improved polymeric film coating for a ranitidine Hydrocholride (HCl) tablet in which the plasticizer triacetin had been added to the polymeric film coating medium. A tablet of this invention has been found to have great stability than a tablet coating with a polymeric film which does not contain triacetin.|
|Inventor(s):||Franz; Robert M. (Raleigh, NC)|
1. A ranitidine HCl tablet coated with a polymeric film comprising; hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (HPMC), 5% to 25% (based on the weight of said HPMC) triacetin and optionally 5% to 65%
(based on the weight of said HPMC) colorant or opacifying agent.
2. A tablet of claim 1 wherein the polymeric coat is in the range of 2.1 to 5.0 parts by weight per 100 parts by weight of the tablet.
3. A tablet of claim 1 wherein the polymeric coat is in the range of 3.5 to 4.5 parts by weight per 100 parts by weight of the tablet.
4. A tablet of claim 1 wherein the polymeric film coating also contains one or more opacifying agents.
5. A tablet of claim 1 wherein the polymeric film coating also contains one or more colorants.
6. A tablet of claim 1 wherein the polymeric film coating also contains one or more colorants and one or more opacifying agents.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.