DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,551,148
|Title:||Vaginal delivery systems and their methods of preparation and use|
|Abstract:||Systems and their methods of preparation and use that release an active agent in a controlled manner for an extended period in a vaginal cavity environment. The systems are capable of delivering the active agent for periods greater than three hours at a predictable rate to a predetermined site, the vaginal cavity.|
|Inventor(s):||Riley, Jr.; Thomas C. (Manchester, MO), Tharp; Charles P. (Belleville, IL), Lapka; Galen G. (St. Louis, MO)|
|Assignee:||KV Pharmaceutical Company (St. Louis, MO)|
1. Vaginal delivery systems which are bioadherent to the vaginal surfaces and which release an active agent in a controlled manner for at least three hours to a receptor site, site of
action, site of absorption, or site of use consisting essentially of liquid or semi-solid adjacent unit cells having common lipoidal external phases, nonlipoidal internal phases and emulsifiers.
2. The vaginal delivery systems of claim 1 wherein said phases form a liquid or semi-solid.
3. The vaginal delivery systems of claim 1 wherein said phases form to comprise an emulsion, emulsion/dispersion, double emulsion, suspension within an emulsion or mixture.
4. The vaginal delivery systems of claim 1 wherein at least a portion of the active agent is contained in said nonlipoidal phases.
5. The vaginal delivery systems of claim 1 wherein the active agent comprises nonoxynol-9.
6. The vaginal delivery systems of claim 1 wherein the active agent comprises nystatin.
7. The vaginal delivery systems of claim 1 wherein the active agent comprises a pH buffer.
8. The vaginal delivery systems of claim 1 wherein said nonlipoidal phases comprise at least 70% by volume of said systems.
9. The vaginal delivery systems of claim 1 wherein said nonlipoidal phases comprise either water, glycerine or a combination thereof.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.