|Abstract:||The disclosure relates to novel luliberin analogues which possess luliberin agonist activity, to processes for their manufacture and to compositions containing them. Typical of the peptides disclosed is ##STR1## in which A is D-Phe, D-Tyr(Me) or D-Ser(Bu.sup.t).|
|Inventor(s):||Dutta; Anand Swaroop (Macclesfield, GB2), Furr; Barrington John Albert (Macclesfield, GB2), Giles; Michael Brian (Macclesfield, GB2)|
|Assignee:||Imperial Chemical Industries Limited (London, GB2)|
1. A polypeptide of the formula: ##STR8## in which A is selected from the group consisting of D-Tyr(Me), D-Ser(Bu.sup.t) and D-Phe, B is selected from the group consisting of
Leu or MeLeu, E is Azgly and F is an amino radical, and the pharmaceutically- and veterinarily-acceptable acid-addition salts thereof.
2. A polypeptide as claimed in claim 1 which is ##STR9##
3. A polypeptide as claimed in claim 1 which is ##STR10##
4. A polypeptide as claimed in claim 1 which is ##STR11##
5. A pharmaceutical or veterinary composition comprising as active ingredient an effective amount of a polypeptide as claimed in claim 1 in association with a major amount of a nontoxic pharmaceutically- or veterinarily-acceptible diluent or carrier.
6. A method of controlling and/or improving reproduction in warm-blooded animals which comprises administration of an effective amount of a polypeptide as claimed in claim 1.