|Title:||TC-99M ALBUMIN AGGREGATES WITH STANNOUS TIN AND DENATURED ALBUMIN|
|Abstract:||Disclosed herein are aggregatess comprising coprecipitated Tc-99m, ionic tin and denatured albumin. The aggregates of this invention can be utilized in the imaging of lungs to determine the conditin of pulmonary vessels.|
|Inventor(s):||Haney; Thomas Albert (East Brunswick, NJ), Bruno; Gerald Anthony (Shrewsbury, NJ), Bartlett; Janeth (East Brunswick, NJ)|
|Assignee:||E. R. Squibb & Sons, Inc. (Princeton, NJ)|
1. A macroaggregate of Technetium-99m, denatured albumin and stannous tin.
2. A macroaggregate in accordance with claim 1 being from about 5 to 100
3. A process for preparing macroaggregates of claim 1 which comprises complexing denatured albumin with a stannous salt, adjusting the pH of the reaction solution to from between about 4.8 to 5.8 to form macroaggregates
4. A process in accordance with claim 3 wherein the pH is adjusted with an
5. A process for preparing macroaggregates in accordance with claim 1 which comprises adding Technetium-99m to a reaction vial containing
6. The process of claim 3 wherein said macroaggregate solution is dehyrated
7. A method for scanning the lungs the pulmonary system which comprises injecting intravenously the macroaggregate of claim 1 in a pharmaceutically acceptable vehicle and scanning the lungs and pulmonary
8. A macroaggregate of Technetium-99m, denatured albumin or globulin, and
9. A method for scanning the lungs and pulmonary system which comprises injecting intravenously the macroaggregates of claim 8 in a pharmaceutically acceptable vehicle and scanning the lungs and pulmonary system.