DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Tradename: PROFILNINE, PROFILNINE HP, PROFILNINE HT, PROFILNINE SD
Note on Biologic Patents
Matching patents to biologic drugs is far more complicated than for small-molecule drugs.
DrugPatentWatch employs three methods to identify biologic patents:
- Brand-side disclosures in response to biosimilar applications
- General brand-side disclosures
- Patents from broad patent text search
These patents were identified from disclosures by the brand-side company, in response to a potential biosimilar seeking to launch. They have a high certainty of blocking biosimilar entry. The expiration dates listed are not estimates — they're expiration dates as indicated by the brand-side company.
These patents were identified from searching drug labels and other general disclosures from the brand-side company. This list may exclude some of the patents which block biosimilar launch, and some of these patents listed may not actually block biosimilar launch. The expiration dates listed for these patents are estimates, based on the grant date of the patent.
For completeness, these patents were identified by searching the patent literature for mentions of the branded or ingredient name of the drug. Some of these patents protect the original drug, whereas others may protect follow-on inventions or even inventions casually mentioning the drug. The expiration dates listed for these patents are estimates, based on the grant date of the patent.
1) High Certainty: US Patents for PROFILNINE, PROFILNINE HP, PROFILNINE HT, PROFILNINE SD Derived from Brand-Side Litigation
No patents found based on brand-side litigation
2) High Certainty: US Patents for PROFILNINE, PROFILNINE HP, PROFILNINE HT, PROFILNINE SD Derived from Company Disclosures
No patents found based on company disclosures