DrugPatentWatch Database Preview» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,765,380
|Title:||Truncated HER2 SRM/MRM assay|
|Abstract:||This disclosure provides ten (10) specific peptides, and particular peptide characteristics, from the cell membrane-bound Her2 protein and a diagnostic assay useful for determining the presence and amount of full length and truncated versions of the full-length Her2 protein in cells derived from formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue.|
|Inventor(s):||Krizman; David (Gaithersburg, MD)|
|Assignee:||Expression Pathology, Inc. (Rockville, MD)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method for detecting the presence and measuring the level of full length Her2 protein and truncated Her2 protein in a human biological sample of formalin-fixed
tissue, comprising detecting and quantifying the amount of a Her2 fragment peptide in a protein digest prepared from said human biological sample using mass spectrometry; and calculating the level of full length and truncated Her2 protein in said sample
wherein said level is an absolute level, wherein said Her2 fragment peptide is SEQ ID NO:7.
2. The method of claim 1, further comprising the step of fractionating said protein digest prior to detecting said Her2 fragment peptide.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein said fractionating step is selected from the group consisting of liquid chromatography, nano-reversed phase liquid chromatography, high performance liquid chromatography, and reversed phase high performance liquid chromatography.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said protein digest comprises a protease digest.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said protein digest comprises a trypsin digest.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein said mass spectrometry comprises tandem mass spectrometry, ion trap mass spectrometry, triple quadrupole mass spectrometry, MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry, MALDI mass spectrometry, and/or time of flight mass spectrometry.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the tissue is paraffin embedded tissue.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the tissue is obtained from a tumor.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein the tumor is a primary tumor.
10. The method of claim 8, wherein the tumor is a secondary tumor.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein quantifying the amount of said Her2 fragment peptide comprises comparing the amount of said Her2 fragment peptide in a protein digest of one biological sample to the amount of the same Her2 fragment peptide in a protein digest of a different and separate biological sample.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein quantifying the amount of said Her2 fragment peptide comprises determining the amount of said Her2 fragment peptide in a protein digest of a biological sample by comparing to a spiked internal standard peptide of known amount, wherein both the peptide in the biological sample and the internal standard peptide have the same respective amino acid sequences and wherein the internal standard peptide is an isotopically labeled peptide.
13. The method of claim 12, wherein said isotopically labeled internal standard peptide comprises one or more heavy stable isotopes selected from .sup.18O, .sup.17O, .sup.34S, .sup.15N, .sup.13C, .sup.2H or combinations thereof.
14. The method of claim 1, further comprising obtaining the biological sample from a subject, wherein detecting and quantifying the amount of said Her2 fragment peptide in the protein digest indicates the presence of the full-length and truncated Her2 protein and an association with cancer in the subject.
15. The method of claim 14, further comprising correlating the amount of the full length and truncated Her2 protein to the diagnostic stage/grade/status of the cancer.
16. The method of claim 1, further comprising selecting a treatment for the subject from whom the biological sample was obtained based on the amount of full length and truncated Her2 protein in the protein digest.
17. The method of claim 16, further comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of a therapeutic agent targeted specifically to the Her2 protein to said subject.
18. The method of claim 17, wherein said therapeutic agent is selected from the group consisting of trastuzumab and lapatinib.
19. The method of claim 17, wherein measuring the level of full-length and truncated Her2 protein is combined with detecting and quantitating other peptides from other proteins in a multiplex format so that the agent and amount of the agent used for treatment is selected based upon specific levels of truncated and full length Her2 fragment in combination with other peptides from other proteins in the biological sample.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|PCT Filed||December 08, 2011||PCT Application Number:||PCT/US2011/064045|
|PCT Publication Date:||June 14, 2012||PCT Publication Number:||WO2012/078934|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Genentech||HERCEPTIN||trastuzumab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||103792||001||1998-09-25||Start Trial||Expression Pathology, Inc. (Rockville, MD)||2030-12-08||RX||Orphan||search|
|Genentech Inc||HERCEPTIN HYLECTA||trastuzumab; hyaluronidase-oysk||INJECTABLE;SUBCUTANEOUS||761106||001||2019-02-28||Start Trial||Expression Pathology, Inc. (Rockville, MD)||2030-12-08||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2012078934||Start Trial|
|United States of America||10577641||Start Trial|
|United States of America||2013302328||Start Trial|
|United States of America||2018187239||Start Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.