DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,757,435
|Title:||Clostridium histolyticum enzymes and methods for the use thereof|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to recombinant nucleic acid and polypeptides encoding collagenase I and collagenase II, methods for the preparation thereof and methods for the use thereof. The invention also encompasses methods related to releasing a composition comprising collagenase prior to therapeutic administration.|
|Inventor(s):||Herber; Wayne K. (Coopersburg, PA)|
|Assignee:||ENDO GLOBAL VENTURES (Hamilton, BM)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A recombinant nucleic acid molecule comprising; a) a polynucleotide having the nucleic acid sequence of SEQ ID NO: 1 or the complement of SEQ ID NO: 1, and b) a
heterologous regulatory sequence operably linked to the polynucleotide.
2. The recombinant nucleic acid molecule of claim 1, wherein the heterologous regulatory sequence is a heterologous promoter operably linked to the nucleic acid sequence of SEQ ID NO: 1 or to the complement of SEQ ID NO: 1.
3. A vector comprising the nucleic acid molecule of claim 1.
4. The vector of claim 3, wherein the vector is a plasmid.
5. A recombinant host cell comprising the vector of claim 3.
6. The recombinant host cell of claim 5, wherein the host cell is selected from the group consisting of a bacterial cell, a fungal cell, an insect cell, a plant cell and a mammalian cell.
7. The recombinant host cell of claim 6, wherein the host cell is selected from the group consisting of E. coli, Streptomyces, Pseudomonas, Serratia marcescens, Salmonella typhimurium, a yeast cell, plant cells, thymocytes, Chinese hamster ovary cell (CHO), COS cell, and Lactococcus lacti.
8. A method of producing collagenase I comprising culturing the cell of claim 5 under conditions suitable for expression of the nucleic acid and recovering the collagenase I.
9. The recombinant nucleic acid molecule of claim 1, wherein the recombinant nucleic acid molecule is fused to a marker sequence.
10. The recombinant nucleic acid molecule of claim 9, wherein the marker sequence encodes a polypeptide selected from the group consisting of: a glutathione-S-transferase (GST) fusion protein, a hemaglutin A (HA) polypeptide marker from influenza, and hexa-histidine peptide.
11. The vector of claim 3, wherein the vector is introduced into a host cell using conventional transformation or transfection techniques.
12. The recombinant nucleic acid molecule of claim 1 having a biological activity of a naturally-occurring collagenase.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Advance Biofactures||SANTYL||collagenase||VIAL||101995||001||1965-06-04||Start Trial||ENDO GLOBAL VENTURES (Hamilton, BM)||2032-01-12||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2013106510||Jul 18, 2013|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2013106510||Oct 03, 2013|
|United States of America||2015010532||Jan 08, 2015|
|United States of America||2018055918||Mar 01, 2018|
|New Zealand||627372||Apr 29, 2016|
|New Zealand||718173||Sep 29, 2017|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.