DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,642,872
|Title:||Treatment of B-cell lymphoma with microRNA|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to microRNA-34a and related microRNAs for use in the treatment of B-cell lymphoma. Likewise it relates to microRNA-34a for use in the preparation of a medicament for the treatment of B-cell lymphoma, and for a method of treatment of B-cell lymphoma comprising administering microRNA-34a. These claims are based on the observation that microRNA-34a shows strong anti-proliferative effects when overexpressed in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (gDLBCL) cell lines, or when delivered intratumorally or systemically in xenograft models of DLBCL.|
|Inventor(s):||Craig; Vanessa (Zurich, CH), Mueller; Anne (Dubendorf, CH)|
|Assignee:||UNIVERSITY OF ZURICH (Zurich, CH)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating a B-cell lymphoma characterized by over-expression of Myc, comprising administering to an individual in need thereof a therapeutically
effective amount of a composition comprising: (a) a synthetic oligonucleotide duplex comprising a first oligonucleotide strand consisting of a miR-34 sequence selected from the group consisting of: microRNA-34a (SEQ ID NO: 1), microRNA-34b (SEQ ID NO:
2), microRNA-34c-5p (SEQ ID NO: 3), and microRNA-34c-3p (SEQ ID NO: 4), and a second oligonucleotide strand comprising a sequence that is complementary to the first strand; and (b) a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the second oligonucleotide strand has a chemically modified nucleotide.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the chemically modified nucleotide is a 2'-O-methylpurine, or a 2'-O-fluoropyrimidine.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the synthetic oligonucleotide is bound at the 3' hydroxy group to a cholesterol.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the composition comprises a liposome.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the liposome is a pegylated liposome.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the composition comprises a neutral lipid emulsion.
8. The method of claim 1, further comprising administering a second anticancer therapeutic agent to the patient.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein the second anticancer therapeutic agent is cyclophosphamide, hydroxydaunorubicin, vincristine, prednisone/prednisolone, rituximab, or combinations thereof.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein administering the composition comprises intratumoral, subcutaneous, intravenous, intrahepatic, or intramuscular administration.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the B-cell lymphoma is selected from the group consisting of gastric B-cell lymphoma, non-gastric diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, extranodal diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, Burkitt lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia.
12. The method of claim 1, wherein B-cell lymphoma is high-grade gastric diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|Foriegn Application Priority Data|
|Foreign Country||Foreign Patent Number||Foreign Patent Date|
|10182950||Sep 30, 2010|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Genentech||RITUXAN||rituximab||VIAL||103705||001||1997-11-26||Start Trial||UNIVERSITY OF ZURICH (Zurich, CH)||2030-09-30||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2012041959||Apr 05, 2012|
|United States of America||2013195858||Aug 01, 2013|
|United States of America||2015322430||Nov 12, 2015|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.