DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,597,654
|Title:||Adjuvant therapy with an anti-ERBB2 antibody conjugated to a maytansiniod|
|Abstract:||The present application describes adjuvant therapy of nonmetastatic breast cancer using an anti-ErbB2 antibody conjugated to a maytansinoid.|
|Inventor(s):||Bryant; John L. (Allison Road, PA)|
|Assignee:||Genentech, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of adjuvant therapy comprising administering to a human subject having HER2 positive cancer, following definitive surgery, anthracycline cyclophosphamide (AC)
based chemotherapy, followed by sequential administration of a taxoid and an effective amount of an immunoconjugate comprising an anti-ErbB2 antibody conjugated to a maytansinoid.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the taxoid is paclitaxel or docetaxel.
3. The method of claim 1 wherein the anti-ErbB2 antibody specifically binds the extracellular domain of ErbB2.
4. The method of claim 3 wherein the anti-ErbB2 antibody specifically binds to the 4D5 epitope within the extracellular domain of ErbB2.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein the antibody is huMAb4D5-8.
6. The method of claim 5 wherein the maytansinoid is DM1 having the following structure ##STR00009## and wherein the antibody is chemically linked to the maytansinoid via a disulfide or thioether group at "R" shown in the structure.
7. The method of claim 5, wherein the immunoconjugate comprises from 3 to 5 maytansinoid molecules per antibody molecule.
8. The method of claim 5, wherein the antibody and the maytansinoid are conjugated by a chemical linker selected from N-succinimidyl-3-(2-pyridyldithio)propionate, N-succinimidyl-4-(2-pyridylthio)pentanoate (SPP) and succinimidyl-4-(N-maleimidomethyl)cyclohexane-1-carboxylate (SMCC).
9. The method of claim 6 or 8, wherein the antibody and the maytansinoid are conjugated by succinimidyl-4-(N-maleimidomethyl)cyclohexane-1-carboxylate.
10. The method of claim 5, wherein the HER2 positive cancer is HER2 positive breast cancer.
11. The method of claim 1, claim 5, or claim 10, wherein said administration extends disease free survival (DFS) or overall survival (OS) in the subject.
12. The method of claim 10, wherein the HER2 positive cancer is nonmetastatic HER2 positive breast cancer.
13. The method of claim 10, wherein the immunoconjugate is administered in combination with an anti-ErbB2 antibody.
14. The method of claim 13, wherein the anti-ErbB2 antibody is a HER2 dimerization inhibitor.
15. The method of claim 14, wherein the HER2 dimerization inhibitor is pertuzumab.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Genentech||PERJETA||pertuzumab||VIAL; SINGLE-USE||125409||001||2012-06-08||Start Trial||Genentech, Inc. (South San Francisco, CA)||2025-05-13||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.