DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 8,435,752
|Title:||Gene polymorphisms predictive for dual TKI therapy|
|Abstract:||The invention provides compositions and methods for determining the likelihood of successful treatment with dual therapy such as lapatinib. The methods comprise determining the genomic polymorphism or expression level of a gene present in a predetermined region of a gene of interest and correlating the polymorphism or expression level to the predictive response. Patients identified as likely responsive are then treated with the appropriate therapy.|
|Inventor(s):||Lenz; Heinz-Josef (Los Angeles, CA)|
|Assignee:||University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method for treating a human cancer patient suffering from gastric cancer, comprising administering an effective amount of lapatinib to a gastric cancer patient selected
for said therapy based on possession of a genetic marker A/A for IL-8 T251A SNP, thereby treating said patient.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient is suffering from advanced or metastatic gastric cancer.
3. The method of claim 1, further comprising administering an effective amount of a therapy selected from trastuzumab, capecitabine, letrozole, paclitaxel and FOLFIRI (irinotecan, 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin).
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the (A/A) for IL-8 T251A SNP is determined by Polymerase Chain Reaction-Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism (PCR-RFLP) of a tissue sample isolated from the patient.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein gene expression of IL-8 is determined by Reverse Transcriptase-Polymorphism Cain Reaction (RT-PCR).
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the patient is selected for the therapy aided by the determination that the patient is more likely responsive to the therapy than a patient lacking possession of the A/A for IL-8 T251A SNP genetic marker or more likely to experience longer overall survival than a patient lacking possession of the A/A for IL-8 T251A SNP genetic marker.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|PCT Filed||January 17, 2008||PCT Application Number:||PCT/US2008/000661|
|PCT Publication Date:||July 24, 2008||PCT Publication Number:||WO2008/088861|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Genentech||HERCEPTIN||trastuzumab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||103792||001||1998-09-25||Start Trial||University of Southern California (Los Angeles, CA)||2027-01-18||RX||Orphan||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2008088861||Dec 18, 2008|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2008088861||Jul 24, 2008|
|United States of America||2010183593||Jul 22, 2010|
|European Patent Office||2126117||Dec 02, 2009|
|Canada||2675366||Jul 24, 2008|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.