DrugPatentWatch Database Preview» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 7,498,044
|Title:||Dosage form and method for producing the same|
|Abstract:||The invention relates to a process for producing a coated drug form or a drug form in the form of an active ingredient matrix, by processing a copolymer, an active pharmaceutical ingredient, a core if present and/or pharmaceutically customary excipients in a conventional manner by melting, injection molding, extrusion, wet granulation, casting, dipping, spreading, spraying or compression to form a coated drug form and/or to form an active ingredient matrix, characterized in that a copolymer is used which is composed of 20 to 33% by weight methacrylic acid, 5 to 30% by weight methyl acrylate, 20 to 40% by weight ethyl acrylate and more than 10 to 30% by weight butyl methacrylate and, if desired, 0 to 10% by weight further vinylically copolymerizable monomers, with the proviso that the glass transition temperature of the copolymer in accordance with ISO 11357-2, section 3.3.3, is 55 to 70.degree. C. The invention further relates to the drug form produced in accordance with the invention, to the copolymer, and to the use thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Petereit; Hans-Ulrich (Darmstadt, DE), Meier; Christian (Darmstadt, DE), Schultes; Klaus (Wiesbaden, DE)|
|Assignee:||Roehm GmbH & Co. KG (Darmstadt, DE)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A process for producing a coated drug form or a drug form in the form of an active ingredient matrix, by processing a copolymer, an active pharmaceutical
ingredient, a core if present and/or pharmaceutically customary excipients in a conventional manner by melting, injection molding, extrusion, wet granulation, casting, dipping, spreading, spraying or compression to form a coated drug form and/or to form
an active ingredient matrix, wherein said copolymer comprises 20 to 33% by weight of methacrylic acid and/or acrylic acid, 5 to 30% by weight of methyl acrylate and 20 to 40% by weight of ethyl acrylate and more than 10 to 30% by weight of butyl
methacrylate and, 0 to 10% by weight of vinylically copolymerizable monomers, the proportions of the monomers adding up to 100% by weight, and the glass transition temperature of the copolymer is 55 to 70.degree. C.
2. The process as claimed in claim 1, wherein 5 to 25% by weight of a plasticizer are added to the coating agent and binder.
3. The process as claimed in claim 1, wherein the copolymer is in the form of a dispersion for producing the drug form.
4. The process as claimed in claim 3, wherein the dispersion is obtained by redispersing a freeze-dried or spray-dried copolymer powder.
5. The process as claimed in claim 3, wherein from 2 to 10% by weight of the copolymer is in partly neutralized form.
6. The process as claimed in claim 5, wherein said copolymer is partly neutralized by by adding NaOH.
7. The process as claimed in claim 3, wherein an anionic emulsifier is present in an amount of from 0.1 to 2% by weight.
8. The process as claimed in claim 7, wherein said emulsifier comprises sodium lauryl sulfate.
9. The process as claimed in claim 1, wherein the copolymer, and optionally pharmaceutically customary additives, is processed to form shaped bodies and an active pharmaceutical ingredient is enclosed therein.
10. The process as claimed in claim 9, wherein the shaped body is a capsule, a part of a capsule or a weldable film.
11. A drug form produced by the process as claimed in claim 1.
12. The drug form as claimed in claim 11, wherein the drug form comprises tablets, tablets with delayed or accelerated disintegration, minitablets, pellets, tablets compressed from pellets, pellets as a filling in capsules, granules or minitablets, a transdermal therapy system, capsules, parts of capsules or other drug forms, sachets, dried juices, suppositories, pessaries or implants.
13. The drug form as claimed in claim 11, wherein an active ingredient is present selected from the group consisting of laxatives, analgesics, antibiotics, antirheumatics, antiallergics, antiarrhythmics, antibiotics, antiepileptics, beta-receptor blockers, calcium channel blockers, chemotherapeutics, enzymes, extracts, inhibitors of the rennin-angiotensin system, broncholytics/antasthmatics cholinergics, diuretics, circulation promoters, gout agents influenza agents, coronary agents, osteoporosis agents (biphosphonates), lipid reducers, gastrointestinal agents, peptides, proteins, proton pump blockers, psychopharmaceuticals, platelet aggregation inhibitors urological agents venous therapeutic agents, vitamins and minerals.
14. The drug form as claimed in claim 13, wherein the active ingredient is selected from the group consisting of paroxetine, reboxetine morphine, derivatives of reboxetine morphine, tramadol, bisacodyl, sodium fluoride acamprosate Ca, digitoxin, dimethicone, coli bacteria, lipoic acid, methenamine, budenoside, acetylsalicylic acid, diclofenac, flurbiprophen, indometacin, lonazolac, hydrocortisone, ibuprofen, ketoprofen, prednisolone, propyphenazone, naproxen, paracetamol, flurbiprofen, dimetindene, quinidine, metoprolol, propranolol, oxprenolol, pindolol, atenolol, metoprolol, disopyramide, verapamil, diltiazem, gallopamil, nifedipine, nicardipine, nisoldipine, nimodipine, amlodipine, theophylline, salbutamol, terbutaline, ambroxol, aminophylline, carbamazepine, alendronate, etidronate, clodronate, pamidronate, ibandronate, choline theophyllinate, pyridostigmine, piretanide, furosemide, pentoxifylline, naftidrofuryl, buflomedil, xantinol nicotinate, bencyclane, allopurinol, norephedrine, clorphenamine isosorbide mononitrate, isosorbide dinitrate, glycerol trinitrate, molsidomine, bezafibrate, fenofibrate, gemfibrozil, cerivastatin, pravastatin, fluvastatin, lovastatin, atorvastatin, simvastatin, 5-aminosalicylic acid, sulfasalazine, budenoside, natamycin, preglumetacin sulfasalacine, nitrofurantion xantinol, metoclopramid, amitriptyline, dibenzepine, venlafaxin, thioridazine, oxazepam, omeprazole, lanzoprazole, pantoprazole, rabeprazole, perprazole, esomprazole, nitrofurantoin, rutoside, garlic, aescin, bromelaine, pancreatin or trypsin, an insulin, a human growth hormone (hGH), corbaplatin, intron A, calcitonin, cromalyn, an interferon, a calcitonin, granulocyte colony stimulating factor (G-CSF), an interleukin, a kinine, parathyroid hormones, glucagon, pindolol, prosomatostatin, a somatostatin, detirelix, cetrorelix, vasopressin, 1-deaminocysteine-8-D-arginine vasopressin, leuprolide acetate, an antigen obtained from grasses or other plants, IgG, specific vaccines or monoclonal antibodies, dry plant extract, ascorbic acid, aspartamic acid, vaiproic acid zinc, and potassium, sodium, lithium and pharmaceutically acceptable salts thereof.
15. A copolymer capable of producing a drug form as claimed in claim 11.
16. The copolymer as claimed in claim 15, wherein the copolymer is in the form of a partly neutralized powder.
17. The copolymer as claimed in claim 15, wherein the copolymer is in powder form in a mixture with customary pharmaceutical excipients in a redispersible form.
18. A cosmetic or a nutritional supplement comprising the copolymer as claimed in claim 15.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|Foriegn Application Priority Data|
|Foreign Country||Foreign Patent Number||Foreign Patent Date|
|Germany||103 19 458||Apr 29, 2003|
|PCT Filed||March 02, 2004||PCT Application Number:||PCT/EP2004/002061|
|PCT Publication Date:||November 11, 2004||PCT Publication Number:||WO2004/096185|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Lilly||HUMULIN R||insulin recombinant human||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||018780||001||1982-12-02||Start Trial||Roehm GmbH & Co. KG (Darmstadt, DE)||2023-04-29||Over-the-counter||search|
|Lilly||HUMULIN R KWIKPEN||insulin human||SOLUTION;SUBCUTANEOUS||018780||002||1982-12-02||Start Trial||Roehm GmbH & Co. KG (Darmstadt, DE)||2023-04-29||Over-the-counter||search|
|Lilly||HUMULIN R||insulin human||SOLUTION;SUBCUTANEOUS||018780||004||1982-12-02||Start Trial||Roehm GmbH & Co. KG (Darmstadt, DE)||2023-04-29||Over-the-counter||search|
|Lilly||HUMULIN R PEN||insulin recombinant human||INJECTABLE;INJECTION||018780||005||1982-12-02||Start Trial||Roehm GmbH & Co. KG (Darmstadt, DE)||2023-04-29||Over-the-counter||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||001||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Roehm GmbH & Co. KG (Darmstadt, DE)||2023-04-29||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||002||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Roehm GmbH & Co. KG (Darmstadt, DE)||2023-04-29||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||003||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Roehm GmbH & Co. KG (Darmstadt, DE)||2023-04-29||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||03072087||Start Trial|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2004096185||Start Trial|
|United States of America||2005079216||Start Trial|
|United States of America||2005152977||Start Trial|
|United States of America||7833546||Start Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.