DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,479,538
|Title:||Cyclic ether vitamin D3 compounds, 1.alpha.(OH)3-EPI-vitamin D3 compounds and uses thereof|
|Abstract:||Novel cyclic ether vitamin D3 compounds having a cyclic ether side chain are disclosed. These compounds were first identified as metabolites of 3-epi vitamin D3 produced via a tissue-specific metabolic pathway which catalyzes the formation of a cyclic ether structure. Also disclosed are 1.alpha.(OH) 3-epi vitamin D3 compounds, which are produced via the epimerization of a 3-.beta.-hydroxyl group of 1.alpha.(OH) vitamin D3 precursor in vivo. The vitamin D3 compounds of the present invention can be used as substitutes for natural and synthetic vitamin D3 compounds.|
|Inventor(s):||Reddy; Satayanarayana G. (Barrington, RI)|
|Assignee:||Women and Infants Hospital (Providence, RI)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A packaged compound, comprising a vitamin D3 compound having the formula I as follows: ##STR9##
wherein A.sub.1, A.sub.2 and A.sub.3 are a single or a double bond; X, R.sub.1, R.sub.2, R.sub.3, R.sub.4 and R.sub.5 are selected from the group consisting of a hydrogen, a halogen, a haloalkyl, a hydroxy, a hydroxy-protecting group, an alkyl, an alkenyl, an alkynyl, an alkoxy, an aryl group and a heterocyclic group, and packaged with instructions for use of the compound for treating a disorder characterized by an aberrant activity of a vitamin D.sub.3 -responsive cell.
2. A packaged compound, comprising a vitamin D3 compound having the formula II as follows: ##STR10##
wherein A.sub.1 is a single, a double, or a triple bond; A.sub.2, A.sub.3 and A4 are each independently selected from the group consisting of a single or a double bond; R.sub.2, R.sub.3, R.sub.4, R.sub.7, R.sub.8 and R.sub.9 are independently selected from the group consisting of a hydrogen, a deuterium, a deuteroalkyl, a hydroxy, an alkyl, an alkoxide, an O-acyl, a halogen, a haloalkyl, a hydroxyalkyl, an amine or a thiol group, and wherein the pairs of R.sub.2 and R.sub.3, and R.sub.4 and R.sub.7 taken together are an oxygen atom; and R.sub.5 and R.sub.6 are independently selected from the group consisting of a hydrogen, a deuterium, a halogen, an alkyl, a hydroxyalkyl, a haloalkyl, and a deuteroalkyl, and packaged with instructions for use of the compound for treating a disorder characterized by an aberrant activity of a vitamin D.sub.3 -responsive cell.
3. The packaged compound of claim 2, wherein the vitamin D3 compound is 1.alpha.(OH) vitamin D3, 1.alpha., 24 dihydroxy 3-epi vitamin D.sub.3, 1.alpha. hydroxy 24-ethyl 3-epi vitamin D.sub.3, 1.alpha. hydroxy 24-methyl 3-epi vitamin D.sub.3, or 1.alpha., 24-dihydroxy 24-methyl 3-epi vitamin D.sub.3.
4. The packaged compound of claims 1 or 2, wherein the disorder comprises an aberrant activity of a hyperproliferative skin cell.
5. The packaged compound of claims 1 or 2, wherein the disorder comprises an aberrant activity of an endocrine cell.
6. The packaged compound of claim 5, wherein the endocrine cell is a parathyroid cell and the aberrant activity is processing and/or secretion of parathyroid hormone.
7. The packaged compound of claim 6, wherein the disorder is secondary hyperparathyroidism.
8. The packaged compound of claim 7, wherein the disorder comprises an aberrant activity of a bone cell.
9. The packaged compound of claim 8, wherein the disorder is selected from the group consisting of osteoporosis, osteodystrophy, senile osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, osteitis fibrosa cystica, renal osteodystrophy, secondary hyperparathyroidism, cirrhosis, and chronic renal disease.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Nps Pharmaceuticals, Inc.||NATPARA||parathyroid hormone||For Injection||125511||2015-01-23||⤷ Free Forever Trial||2017-05-16|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.