DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 6,432,704
|Title:||Method and reagent for inhibiting herpes simplex virus replication|
|Abstract:||An enzymatic RNA molecule which specifically cleaves a herpes simplex virus mRNA molecule.|
|Inventor(s):||Draper; Kenneth G. (Boulder, CO)|
|Assignee:||Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Patent Claims:||1. An enzymatic RNA molecule which cleaves RNA encoded by a herpes simplex virus (HSV) in the ICP4 gene.
2. The enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 1 which cleaves a sequence selected from the group consisting of SEQ ID NO: 1-43.
3. The enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 2 which cleaves a sequence comprising SEQ ID NO: 1 or SEQ ID NO: 8.
4. The enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 1, wherein said enzymatic RNA molecule is selected from the group consisting of enzymatic RNA molecules that cleave the ICP4 gene at residue 66, 200, 309, 864, 888, 870, 894 or 3559.
5. The enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 1, wherein said RNA molecule is in a hammerhead motif.
6. The enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 1, wherein said RNA molecule is in a hairpin, hepatitis Delta virus, group I intron, or RNAse P RNA motif.
7. An isolated mammalian cell comprising an enzymatic molecule of claim 1.
8. An isolated mammalian cell comprising an enzymatic molecule of claim 4.
9. The cell of claim 7 or claim 8, wherein said cell is a human cell.
10. A vector comprising nucleic acid encoding the enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 1.
11. A vector comprising nucleic acid encoding the enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 4.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||001||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)||2012-05-14||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||002||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)||2012-05-14||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||003||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)||2012-05-14||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.