DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,693,532
|Title:||Respiratory syncytial virus ribozymes|
|Abstract:||An enzymatic RNA molecule which cleaves respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) genomic and RSV encoded RNA.|
|Inventor(s):||McSwiggen; James (Boulder, CO), Draper; Kenneth (Boulder, CO), Pavco; Pam (Layfayette, CO), Woolf; Tod (Watertown, MA)|
|Assignee:||Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)|
|Patent Claims:||1. An enzymatic RNA molecule which specitically cleaves genomic RNA of RSV or mRNA encoded by RSV in a region selected from the group consisting of 1C, 1B and N.
2. The enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 1, wherein said enzymatic RNA molecule comprises at least one sugar modification.
3. The enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 1, wherein said RNA molecule is in a hammerhead motif.
4. The hammerhead enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 3, wherein said hammerhead RNA molecule comprises sequences complementary to any of sequences defined as Seq ID Nos. 7-133, 261-351, and 443-666.
5. The enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 1, wherein said RNA molecule is in a hairpin, hepatitis Delta virus, group 1 intron, Neurospora VS RNA or RNaseP RNA motif.
6. The enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 5, wherein said enzymatic RNA molecule is in a hairpin motif and wherein said hairpin motif comprises sequences complementary to any of sequences defined as Seq ID Nos. 894-896 and 903-908.
7. The enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 1, wherein said ribozyme comprises between 12 and 100 bases complementary to the RNA of said region.
8. The enzymatic RNA of claim 7, wherein said ribozyme comprises between 14 and 24 bases complementary to the RNA of said region.
9. The enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 1 wherein said enzymatic RNA molecule comprises any sequence selected from the group consisting of SEQ ID Nos. 134-260, 352-442, 667-890, 894-896, and 897-902.
10. A mammalian cell including an enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 1 in vitro.
11. The cell of claim 10, wherein said cell is a human cell.
12. An expression vector comprising nucleic acid encoding the enzymatic RNA molecule of claim 1, in a manner which allows expression and/or delivery of that enzymatic RNA molecule within a mammalian cell in vitro.
13. A mammalian cell in vitro including an expression vector of claim 12.
14. The cell of claim 13, wherein said cell is a human cell.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||001||1986-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||002||1986-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||003||1986-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||Ribozyme Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Boulder, CO)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|Austria||174600||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Austria||226254||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Austria||227342||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Austria||431411||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.