DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 5,668,002
|Title:||DNA and polypeptide for tumor-associated antigen CO-029|
|Abstract:||The human tumor-associated antigen CO-029 is a monoclonal antibody-defined, 27-34 kDa cell surface glycoprotein. A full-length cDNA clone for CO-029 is described. When transiently expressed in COS cells, the cDNA clone directs the synthesis of an antigen reactive with monoclonal antibody CO-029 in mixed hemadsorption and immunoblot assays. Sequence analysis reveals that CO-029 belongs to a family of cell surface antigens which includes the melanoma-associated antigen ME491, the leukocyte cell surface antigen CD37, and the Sm23 antigen of the parasitic helminth Schistosoma mansoni.|
|Inventor(s):||Linnenbach; Alban J. (Philadelphia, PA), Koprowski; Hilary (Wynnewood, PA), Szala; Stanislaw (Philadelphia, PA)|
|Assignee:||The Wistar Institute (Philadelphia, PA)|
|Patent Claims:||1. An intron-free DNA molecule which encodes a tumor-associated antigen, said antigen immunoreactive with monoclonal antibody CO-029.
2. The intron-free DNA molecule of claim 1 wherein the tumor associated antigen has a protein molecular weight of 26,044.
3. The intron-free DNA molecule of claim 1 wherein the amino acid sequence of said antigen is shown in FIG. 3.
4. The intron-free DNA molecule of claim 1 wherein the nucleic acid sequence is shown in FIG. 3.
5. The intron-free DNA molecule of claim i which is covalently linked to a vector which can replicate in E. coli.
6. The intron-free DNA molecule of claim 1 which causes expression of a protein in COS cells immunoreactive with monoclonal antibody CO-029.
7. An intron-free DNA molecule comprising a nucleic acid sequence shown in FIG. 3.
8. An intron-free DNA molecule which hybridizes under stringent conditions to DNA having the sequence shown in FIG. 3.
9. An intron-free DNA molecule which codes for a polypeptide consisting essentially of an extracellular domain of the CO-029 antigen.
10. A polypeptide consisting essentially of an extracellular domain of the CO-029 antigen.
11. The polypeptide of claim 10 wherein the domain comprises amino acids 34 to 57 of CO-029.
12. The polypeptide of claim 10 wherein the domain comprises amino acids 110 to 205 of CO-029.
13. The polypeptide of claim 10 which is covalently linked to an amino acid sequence which causes said polypeptide to be secreted from cells.
14. A preparation of CO-029 antigen which is entirely free of other human proteins.
15. The preparation of claim 14 wherein the antigen is made in non-human cells which have been transformed with a DNA molecule encoding said antigen.
16. Non-human cells transformed with a DNA molecule encoding CO-029 antigen.
17. Cells transformed with the DNA molecule of claim 1.
18. Cells transformed with the DNA molecule of claim 7.
19. Cells transformed with the DNA molecule of claim 8.
20. Cells transformed with the DNA molecule of claim 9.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||001||1986-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||The Wistar Institute (Philadelphia, PA)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||002||1986-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||The Wistar Institute (Philadelphia, PA)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||003||1986-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||The Wistar Institute (Philadelphia, PA)||2039-02-26||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|Austria||136585||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Canada||2050451||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Germany||69118637||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|European Patent Office||0478146||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.