DrugPatentWatch Database Preview» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,959,210
|Title:||Treatment of genital warts with a combination of liquid nitrogen and recombinant DNA human alpha interferon|
|Abstract:||Condylomata Acuminata infections (anogenital warts) are treated in infected patients by administering liquid nitrogen and immediately thereafter beginning administering recombinant DNA human alpha interferon thrice a week for three weeks. The interferon exemplified is recombinant DNA human interferon alfa-2b in which 1.0.times.10.sup.6 International Units are administered by injection to each lesion. The liquid nitrogen is the cryosurgical agent exemplified and it is topically administered to each lesion by conventional means.|
|Inventor(s):||Smiles; Kenneth A. (Windsor, NJ), Peets; Edwin A. (New York, NY), Tanner; Daniel J. (Brooklyn, NY)|
|Assignee:||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of treating condylomata acuminata infections in patients in need of such treatment comprising administering to each lesion an effective amount of a cryosurgical agent,
followed by administration to each lesion immediately thereafter an effective amount of human alpha interferon.
2. A method of claim 1 wherein the cryosurgical agent is liquid nitrogen.
3. A method of claim 1 wherein the human alpha interferon is recombinant human DNA interferon alfa-2b.
4. A method of claim 1 wherein the human alpha interferon is recombinant human DNA interferon alfa-2a.
5. A method of claim 1 wherein the treatment is sufficiently frequent and for a sufficient length of time to be efficacious.
6. A method of claim 1 wherein the treatment with said interferon is thrice a week for three weeks.
7. A method of claim 3 wherein the treatment with said interferon is thrice a week for three weeks.
8. A method of claim 4 wherein the treatment with said interferon is thrice a week for three weeks.
9. A method of claim 1 wherein the human alpha interferon is administered by intralesional injection and the liquid nitrogen is administered topically.
10. A method of claim 9 wherein the human alpha interferon is recombinant human DNA interferon alfa-2b.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||001||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)||2039-03-29||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||002||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)||2039-03-29||RX||search|
|Schering||INTRON A||interferon alfa-2b||VIAL||103132||003||1986-06-04||Start Trial||Schering Corporation (Kenilworth, NJ)||2039-03-29||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|South Africa||8908234||Start Trial|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||9004977||Start Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.