DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 4,816,400
|Title:||Basement membrane collagen degrading enzyme and method of purifying same|
|Abstract:||Basement membrane collagen degrading enzymes are provided which are useful for the detection of malignant cells with metastatic activity. Means for detecting such cells are also provided.|
|Inventor(s):||Tryggvason; Karl (90230 Oulu 23, FI), Liotta; Lance A. (Bethesda, MD)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A purified basement membrane collagen degrding enzyme useful for the detection of malignant cells with metastatic activity.
2. The purified basement membrane type IV collagen degrading enzyme of claim 1 wherein the enzyme is labelled with a detectable label.
3. The purified basement membrane type IV degrading enzyme of claim 1 wherein the enzyme is a metal proteinase and the substrate is type IV collagen.
4. The purified basement membrane type IV collagen degrading enzyme of claim 3 wherein the enzyme is labelled with a detectable label.
5. The purified basement membrane type IV collagen degrading enzyme of claim 1 having a molecular weight of about 70,000 and consisting of two polypeptides chains, having a molecular weight of about 62,000 and 68,000 as determined by gel electrophoresis.
6. The purified basement membrane type IV collagen degrading enzyme of claim 5 wherein the enzyme is labelled with a detectable label.
7. A process for isolating and purifying type IV collagenase for immunological utilization comprising the steps of:
(a) incubating in a serum-free media tumor cells exhibiting metastatic activity;
(b) adding ammonium sulfate to the media to precipitate the medium protein;
(c) dissolving the precipitated medium protein in an enzyme buffer containing CaCl.sub.2 ;
(d) passing the precipitated protein-enzyme buffer solution through a concanavalin-A agarose chromatography column which binds most of the enzyme activity;
(e) eluting the bound enzyme activity with .alpha.-methylglycoside;
(f) passing the eluted enzyme activity over a type IV collagen-agarose column equilibrated with enzyme buffer devoid of CaCl.sub.2 ;
(g) eluting the bound enzyme activity from the agarose column with an enzyme buffer containing NaCl;
(h) passing the eluted enzyme activity over a Bio-Gel A. 0.5 molecular sieve; and,
(i) collecting the enzyme activity with an apparent molecular weight of 160,000.
8. The process of claim 7, wherein the enzyme buffer containing CaCl.sub.2 comprises about 0.05 m Tris-HCl about 0.2 m NaCl and about 10 mm CaCl.sub.2 at a pH of about 7.4.
9. The process of claim 7, wherein the tumor cells are murine PMT sarcoma cells.
10. The process of claim 9, wherein the tumor cells are human fibrosarcoma cells.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Smith And Nephew||SANTYL||collagenase||OINTMENT;TOPICAL||101995||001||1965-06-04||⤷ Free Forever Trial||2006-03-28||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Estimated Expiration|
|Australia||2808784||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Belgium||899663||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Canada||1230052||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Switzerland||668838||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|German Democratic Republic||251208||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|Germany||3418625||⤷ Free Forever Trial|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Estimated Expiration|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.