DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,309,966
|Title:||Personalized therapy of inflammation-associated cancer using methods of assessing the susceptibility of a subject to the treatment with EGFR inhibitors/antagonists|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to in vitro methods of assessing the susceptibility or responsiveness of a subject to the treatment with an epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) inhibitor/antagonist, wherein the subject has been diagnosed or suspected of suffering from inflammation-associated cancer. These methods comprise determining the level of expression of EGFR in myeloid cells in a sample from the subject, wherein an expression of EGFR in the myeloid cells is indicative of the subject being susceptible to the treatment with an EGFR inhibitor/antagonist.|
|Inventor(s):||Sibilia; Maria (Vienna, AT)|
|Assignee:||Medizinische Universitat Wien (Vienna, AT)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method of testing a subject for the need of treatment of an inflammation-associated cancer, wherein the subject has or is suspected of having said cancer, and
wherein the inflammation-associated cancer is hepatocellular carcinoma or an inflammation-associated intestinal cancer, the method comprising the steps of: (a) obtaining a sample from the subject that comprises a myeloid cell population, wherein the
myeloid cells in the myeloid cell population are CD68-positive macrophage cells and/or Kupffer cells and are from within said cancer or from the tissue adjacent to said cancer; (b) testing the myeloid cell population to identify that portion of myeloid
cells that detectably express EGFR, wherein greater than 5% of myeloid cells in the myeloid cell population detectably express EGFR; and (c) treating the subject by administering a therapeutically effective amount of an EGFR inhibitor/antagonist to the
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the subject is a human.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein greater than 10% of myeloid cells in the myeloid cell population detectably express EGFR.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein greater than 20% of myeloid cells in the myeloid cell population detectably express EGFR.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein greater than 30% of myeloid cells in the myeloid cell population detectably express EGFR.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the sample is a cancer tissue biopsy sample.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the myeloid cells are CD68-positive macrophage cells.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the inflammation-associated cancer is hepatocellular carcinoma.
9. The method of claim 1, wherein the sample is a liver tissue sample.
10. The method of claim 1, wherein the myeloid cells are Kupffer cells.
11. The method of claim 1, wherein the inflammation-associated cancer is colorectal cancer.
12. The method of claim 11, wherein the sample is a colorectal tissue sample or a colorectal polyp.
13. The method of claim 1, wherein the myeloid cells are identified by determining a level of translation of EGFR therein.
14. The method of claim 13, wherein the level of translation is determined using an immunohistochemical method, an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay, or a radioimmunoassay.
15. The method of claim 1, wherein the EGFR inhibitor/antagonist is selected from the group consisting of gefitinib, erlotinib, lapatinib, afatinib, neratinib, ABT-414, dacomitinib, AV-412, PD 153035, vandetanib, PKI-166, pelitinib, canertinib, icotinib, poziotinib, BMS-690514, CUDC-101, AP26113, XL647, cetuximab, panitumumab, zalutumumab, nimotuzumab, matuzumab, and a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.
Summary for Patent: Start Trial
|Foriegn Application Priority Data|
|Foreign Country||Foreign Patent Number||Foreign Patent Date|
|14169512||May 22, 2014|
|PCT Filed||May 21, 2015||PCT Application Number:||PCT/EP2015/061220|
|PCT Publication Date:||November 26, 2015||PCT Publication Number:||WO2015/177266|
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Number||Approval Date||Patent No.||Assignee||Estimated Patent Expiration||Status||Orphan||Source|
|Imclone||ERBITUX||cetuximab||VIAL; INTRAVENOUS||125084||001||2004-06-18||Start Trial||Medizinische Universitat Wien (Vienna, AT)||2034-05-22||RX||Orphan||search|
|Amgen||VECTIBIX||panitumumab||INJECTABLE; IV (INFUSION)||125147||001||2006-09-27||Start Trial||Medizinische Universitat Wien (Vienna, AT)||2034-05-22||RX||search|
|Amgen||VECTIBIX||panitumumab||INJECTABLE; IV (INFUSION)||125147||002||2006-09-27||Start Trial||Medizinische Universitat Wien (Vienna, AT)||2034-05-22||RX||search|
|Amgen||VECTIBIX||panitumumab||INJECTABLE; IV (INFUSION)||125147||003||2006-09-27||Start Trial||Medizinische Universitat Wien (Vienna, AT)||2034-05-22||RX||search|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Number||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Assignee||>Estimated Patent Expiration||>Status||>Orphan||>Source|
|Country||Patent Number||Publication Date|
|World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)||2015177266||Nov 26, 2015|
|United States of America||2017184595||Jun 29, 2017|
|European Patent Office||2947460||Nov 25, 2015|
|European Patent Office||3146342||Dec 19, 2018|
|European Patent Office||3146342||Mar 29, 2017|
|>Country||>Patent Number||>Publication Date|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.