DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Subscribe for complete access
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 10,093,934
|Title:||SDF-1 binding nucleic acids and the use thereof in cancer treatment|
|Abstract:||The present invention is related to a nucleic acid molecule capable of binding to SDF-1, preferably capable of inhibiting SDF-1, whereby the nucleic acid molecule is for use in a method for the treatment and/or prevention of a disease or disorder, for use in a method for the treatment of a subject suffering from a disease or disorder or being at risk of developing a disease or disorder as an adjunct therapy, or for use as a medicament for the treatment and/or prevention of a disease or disorder, whereby the disease or disorder is cancer.|
|Inventor(s):||Purschke; Werner (Berlin, DE), Jarosch; Florian (Berlin, DE), Eulberg; Dirk (Berlin, DE), Klussmann; Sven (Berlin, DE), Buchner; Klaus (Berlin, DE), Maasch; Christian (Berlin, DE), Dinse; Nicole (Berlin, DE), Zboralski; Dirk (Berlin, DE)|
|Assignee:||NOXXON Pharma AG (Berlin, DE)|
|Patent Claims:||1. A method for the treatment of a subject suffering from cancer, wherein the method comprises a) administering to the subject a pharmaceutically effective amount of a
type B L-nucleic acid, or a homolog thereof, that binds SDF-1, wherein said type B L-nucleic acid comprises, in order, a 5' flanking sequence, SEQ ID NO:52 and a 3' flanking sequence, wherein said 5' and 3' flanking sequences can hybridize to each other.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the method further comprises b) irradiating the subject, conducting surgery on said subject, exposing said subject to a cellular therapy and/or administering a pharmaceutically effective amount of a further pharmaceutically active agent to the subject.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the cancer comprises a hematological cancer or a solid tumor.
4. The method of claim 2, wherein said L-nucleic acid is administered as an adjunct therapy or part of an adjunct therapy, with a primary treatment.
5. The method of claim 3, wherein said hematological cancer comprises leukemia or myeloma.
6. The method of claim 3, wherein said solid tumor comprises glioblastoma, colorectal cancer, breast cancer, lymphoma, prostate cancer, pancreatic cancer, renal cancer, ovarian cancer or lung cancer.
7. The method of claim 4, wherein the adjunct therapy sensitizes the subject to said primary treatment.
8. The method of claim 4, wherein said primary treatment comprises administrating a further pharmaceutically active agent to said subject, irradiating the subject, conducting surgery on said subject and/or exposing said subject to a cellular therapy.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein the further pharmaceutically active agent is selected from the group consisting of an antibody, an alkylating agent, an anti-metabolite, a plant alkaloid, a plant terpenoid, and a topoisomerase inhibitor.
10. The method of claim 8, wherein said further pharmaceutically active agent is selected from the group consisting of leucovorin, methotrexate, tamoxifen, sorafenib, lenalidomide, bortezomib, dexamethasone, flurouracil and prednisone.
11. The method of claim 9, wherein the antibody is selected from the group consisting of Rituximab, Ofatumumab, Cetuximab, Ibritumomab-Tiuxetan, Tositumomab, Trastuzumab, Bevacizumab, and Alemtuzumab.
12. The method of claim 9, wherein the alkylating agent is selected from the group consisting of cisplatin, carboplatin, oxaliplatin, mechlorethamine, cyclophosphamide, chlorambucil, doxorubicin, lioposomal doxorubicin, bendamustine, temozolomide and melphalan.
13. The method of claim 9, wherein the anti-metabolite is selected from the group consisting of purineazathioprine, mercaptopurine, fludarabine, pentostatin, and cladribine.
14. The method of claim 9, wherein the plant terpenoid comprises a taxane.
15. The method of claim 9, wherein the topoisomerase inhibitor is selected from the group consisting of camptothecin, irinotecan, and mitoxantrone.
16. The method of claim 1, wherein the L-nucleic acid comprises a modification.
17. The method of claim 16, wherein the modification is selected from the group consisting of an HES moiety, a PEG moiety, biodegradable modifications and combinations thereof.
18. The method of claim 16, wherein said modification enhances residence time in an animal or human host.
|Applicant||Tradename||Biologic Ingredient||Dosage Form||BLA||Approval Date||Patent No.||Expiredate|
|Genentech, Inc.||RITUXAN||rituximab||Injection||103705||1997-11-26||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2030-09-09|
|Genentech, Inc.||HERCEPTIN||trastuzumab||For Injection||103792||1998-09-25||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2030-09-09|
|Genentech, Inc.||HERCEPTIN||trastuzumab||For Injection||103792||2017-02-10||⤷ Sign up for a Free Trial||2030-09-09|
|>Applicant||>Tradename||>Biologic Ingredient||>Dosage Form||>BLA||>Approval Date||>Patent No.||>Expiredate|
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.