|Title:||Modulators of ATP-binding cassette transporters|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to modulators of ATP-Binding Cassette ("ABC") transporters or fragments thereof, including Cystic Fibrosis Transmembrane Conductance Regulator, compositions thereof, and methods therewith. The present invention also relates to methods of treating ABC transporter mediated diseases using such modulators.|
|Inventor(s):||Hadida-Ruah; Sara (La Jolla, CA), Hazlewood; Anna (San Diego, CA), Grootenhuis; Peter (San Diego, CA), Van Goor; Fred (San Diego, CA), Singh; Ashvani (San Diego, CA), Zhou; Jinglan (San Diego, CA), McCartney; Jason (Cardiff by the Sea, CA)|
|Assignee:||Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (Boston, MA)|
|Filing Date:||Aug 20, 2007|
|Claims:||1. A compound which is B-24 ##STR00241## |
2. A process for the preparation of Compound B-24 ##STR00242## comprising contacting 4-tert-butylaniline with N-bromosuccinimide to produce 2-bromo-4-tert-butylaniline ##STR00243## further contacting 2-bromo-4-tert-butylaniline with a mixture of KNO.sub.3 and sulfuric acid to produce 2-bromo-4-tert-butyl-5-nitroaniline ##STR00244## contacting 2-bromo-4-tert-butyl-5-nitroaniline with trimethylsilylacetylene, Pd(PPh.sub.3)Cl.sub.2, CuI and triethylamine to produce 4-tert-butyl-5-nitro-2-((trimethylsilyl)ethynyl)aniline ##STR00245## contacting 4-tert-butyl-5-nitro-2-((trimethylsilyl)ethynyl)aniline with CuI to produce 5-tert-butyl-6-nitro-1H-indole ##STR00246## contacting 5-tert-butyl-6-nitro-1H-indole with Raney Ni in the presence of hydrogen gas to produce 6-amino-5-tert-butyl-1H-indole (B-24) ##STR00247##
3. The process according to claim 2, wherein the N-bromosuccinimide step further comprises a solvent.
4. The process according to claim 3, wherein the solvent is DMF.
5. The process according to claim 2, wherein the trimethylsilylacetylene step further comprises a solvent.
6. The process according to claim 5, wherein the solvent is a mixture of toluene and water.
7. The process according to claim 6, wherein the ratio of toluene to water in the mixture is about 2:1.
8. The process according to claim 2, wherein the step to produce 5-tert-butyl-6-nitro-1H-indole further comprises a solvent.
9. The process according to claim 8, wherein the solvent is DMF.
10. The process according to claim 9, wherein the chemical reaction is performed at a temperature from about 120.degree. C. to about 153.degree. C.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.