Find generic entry opportunities
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Analgesic agent and its use|
|Abstract:||Aqueous pharmaceutical compositions comprising levobupivacaine((S)-1-butyl-N-(2,6-dimethylphenyl)-2-piperidinecarboxamide ), that are particularly useful in a patient who is disposed to adverse systemic side-effects, are disclosed.|
|Inventor(s):||Bardsley; Hazel Judith (Cambridge, GB), Gristwood; Robert William (Cambridge, GB), Richards; Andrew John McGlashan (Cambridge, GB)|
|Assignee:||Darwin Discovery, Ltd. (GB)|
|Filing Date:||Dec 14, 1998|
|Claims:||1. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a solution of at least 0.75% w/v of levobupivacaine, measured as the free base; wherein the concentration of levobupivacaine is less than 2% w/v; and wherein said levobupivacaine is present in at least a 90% enantiomeric excess with respect to dexbupivacaine. |
2. The composition, according to claim 1, wherein the concentration of levobupivacaine is in the range of from 0.75% to 1.5% w/v.
3. The composition, according to claim 2, wherein the concentration of levobupivacaine is selected from the group consisting of 0.75%, 1%, 1.25%, and 1.5% w/v.
4. The composition, according to claim 1, which is an aqueous solution.
5. The composition, according to claim 1, wherein the levobupivacaine is substantially free of dexbupivacaine.
6. A unit dose of levobupivacaine comprising an ampoule containing a composition according to claim 1.
7. The unit dose, according to claim 6, containing 1 to 15 ml of the composition.
8. A pharmaceutical composition comprising a solution of 0.75% w/v of levobupivacaine, measured as the free base; and wherein said levobupivacaine is present in at least a 90% enantiomeric excess with respect to dexbupivacaine.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.