Generated: April 23, 2017
|Title:||Anticonvulsant enantiomeric amino acid derivatives|
|Abstract:||The present invention is directed to a compound in the R configuration about the asymmetric carbon in the following formula: ##STR1## pharmaceutical compositions containing same and the use thereof in treating CNS disorders in animals.|
|Inventor(s):||Kohn; Harold (Chapel Hill, NC)|
|Assignee:||Research Corporation Technologies, Inc. (Tucson, AZ)|
1. A compound in the R configuration having the formula: ##STR11##
wherein Ar is phenyl which is unsubstituted or substituted with at least one halo group; Q is lower alkoxy, and Q.sub.1 is methyl.
2. The compound according to claim 1 which is substantially enantiopure.
3. The compound according to claim 1 wherein Q is lower alkoxy containing 1-3 carbon atoms.
4. The compound according to claim 3 wherein Q is methoxy.
5. The compound according to claim 1 wherein Ar is unsubstituted phenyl.
6. The compound according to claim 1 wherein halo is fluoro.
7. The compound according to claim 1 wherein Q is alkoxy containing 1-3 carbon atoms and Ar is unsubstituted phenyl.
8. The compound according to claim 1 which is (R)-N-Benzyl 2-Acetamido-3-methoxypropionamide.
9. The compound according to claim 8 which contains at least 90% (w/w) R stereoisomer.
10. A therapeutic composition comprising an anticonvulsant effective amount of a compound according to any one of claims 1-9 and a pharmaceutical carrier therefor.
11. A method of treating central nervous system disorders in an animal comprising administering to said animal in need thereof an anticonvulsant effective amount of a compound according to any one of claims 1-9.
12. The method according to claim 11 wherein the animal is a mammal.
13. The method according to claim 12 wherein the mammal is a human.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.