DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: RE36068
|Title:||Methods for treatment of sundamaged human skin with retinoids|
|Abstract:||Various effects of photoaging or sundamage of skin including impairment of differentiation of epidermal epithelial cells and loss of collagen fibers, abnormal changes in elastic fibers and deterioration of small blood vessels in the dermis of the skin are retarded by applying topically to the epidermis in a maintenance therapy program effective amounts of retinoids including retinoid derivatives and stereoisomers thereof such that epithelial growths are substantially reduced and prevented and the skin substantially regains and maintains its firmness, turgor and elasticity. Moreover, with persistent treatment dermal blood cells and vessels increase and the epidermis and dermis thicken, resulting in improved ability of the skin to sense, resist and recover from irritation or injury. Further, hyperpigmentation, lines and wrinkles due to aging are reduced and prevented. The treatment is particularly useful for human facial skin and preferably applied in amounts insufficient to cause excessive irritation.|
|Inventor(s):||Kligman; Albert M. (Harvey Cedars, NJ)|
1. A method for retarding and reversing the loss of collagen fibers, abnormal changes in elastic fibers, and deterioration of small blood vessels in sundamaged human skin, comprising
applying topically to the surface of the skin a composition comprising effective amounts of a retinoid in a nontoxic, dermatologically acceptable vehicle in a program of maintenance therapy, whereby the skin substantially regains and maintains its
firmness, turgor and elasticity during said therapy, said composition and amounts of retinoid therein being selected so as to provide a dose for application which is insufficient to cause excessive irritation.
2. A method according to claim 1 wherein said retinoid is selected from the group consisting of retinoic acids, retinoic acid derivatives and stereoisomers thereof.
3. A method according to claim 2 wherein said retinoic acid, retinoic acid derivatives is selected from the group consisting of 13-cis-retinoic acid, 13cis-retinoic acid derivatives and thereof.
4. A method according to claim 1 wherein said retinoid is selected from the group consisting of (E)-4-[4-methyl-6-(2,6,6-trimethyl-1-cyclohexen-1-yl)-] benzoic acid; 4-[(5,6,7,8-tetrahydro-5,5,8,8-tetramethyl-2-naphthalenyl)ethylnyl]-benzoi c acid; and (E)-4-[2-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydro-7-hydroxy-5,5,8,8-tetramethyl-2-naphthalenyl- 1-propenyl] benzyl alcohol.
5. A method according to claim 1 wherein said retinoid is selected from the group consisting of 13-cis-retinoic acid; (all-E)-9-(4-methoxy-2,3,6-trimethylphenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-2,4,6,8-nonatetra enoic acid ethyl ester; (all-E)-9-(4-methoxy2,3,6,-trimethylphenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-2,4,6,8,-nonatetr aenoic acid; N-ethyl-9-(4-methoxy-2,3,6-trimethylphenyl)-3,7-dimethyl2,4,6,8-nonatetrae namide; (E,E)-9-(2,6-dichloro-4-methoxy-3-methylphenyl)-3,7-dimethyl-2,4,6,8-nonat etraenoic acid ethyl ester; 7,8-didehydroretinoic acid; (E,E)-4-[2-methyl-4-(2,6,6-trimethyl-1-cyclohexen-1-yl)-1,3-butadienyl]ben zoic acid; (all-E)-3,7-dimethyl-(3-thienyl)-2,4,6,8-nonatetraconic acid; (E,E,E)-3-methyl-7-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydro-5,5,8,8-tetramethyl-2-naphthalenyl) -2,4,6-octatrienoic acid; (E)-6-[2-(2,6,6-trimethyl-1-cyclohexen-1-yl)ethenyl]-2-naphthalenecarboxyl ic acid; (E,E,E)-7-(2,3-dihydro-1,1,3,3-tetramethyl-1H-inden-5-yl)-3-methyl-2,4,6-o ctatrienoic acid; (E)-4-[2-(2,3-dihydro-1,1,3,3-tetramethyl-1H-inden-5-yl)-1-propenyl]benzoi c acid; TTNPB (E)-4-[2-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydro-5,5,8,8-tetramethyl-2-naphthalenyl-1propenyl] benzoic acid; (E)-4-[2-(5,6,7,8-tetrahydro-3-methyl-5,5,8,8-tetramethyl-2-naphthalenyl)- 1-propenyl]benzoic acid; (E)-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-1,1,4,4-tetramethyl-6-(1-methyl-2phenylethenyl) naphthalene; 6-(1,2,3,4-tetrahydro-1,1,4,4-tetra-methyl-6-naphthyl)-2-naphthalene-carbo xylic acid; .[.(E)-6-[2-(4-(ethylsulfonyl)phenyl]-1-methylethenyl]-1,2,3,4-tetrahydro- 1,2,3,4-tetrahydronaphth-7-yl)-1-[4-tetrazol-5-yl)phenyl]-1-propene.]. .Iadd.(E)-2-(1,1,4,4-tetramethyl-1,2,3,4-tetrahydronaphth-7-yl)-1-(4-tetra zol-5-yl)phenyl)-1-propene.Iaddend..
6. A method according to claim 1 wherein said skin is human facial skin.
7. A method according to claim 2 wherein said skin is human facial skin.
8. A method according to claim 3 wherein said skin is human facial skin.
9. A method according to claim 1 wherein said vehicle is a cream ointment.
10. A method according to claim 1 wherein said vehicle is an emollient vehicle.
11. A method according to claim 1 wherein said retinoid is retinol.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.