DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,999,593
|Title:||Method and composition for treating ocular hypertension and glaucoma|
|Abstract:||The present invention relates to an ophthalmic aqueous composition containing PGF2.alpha. analogs for treating ocular hypertension and glaucoma, to a method for treating ocular hypertension and glaucoma by administering said composition to a subject in need of such treatment, and to a method for increasing aqueous solubility and stability of PGF2.alpha. analogs in an aqueous composition.|
|Inventor(s):||Reunamaki; Timo (Tampere, FI), Pellinen; Pertti (Lempaala, FI), Oksala; Olli (Tampere, FI), Lehmussaari; Kari (Tampere, FI)|
|Assignee:||SANTEN PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD. (Osaka-shi, Osaka, JP) ASAHI GLASS CO., LTD. (Chiyoda-Ku, Tokyo, JP)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 9,999,593|
1. An aqueous ophthalmic solution consisting of: 0.0015% w/v tafluprost; 0.075% w/v polysorbate 80; 0.05% w/v disodium edetate; 2.25% w/v glycerol; 0.2% w/v sodium
dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate; pH adjusters; and water wherein the solution is filled in a unit dose container and wherein the container is a low density polyethylene container which contains no more than 10% of any material other than polyethylene.
2. The aqueous ophthalmic solution according to claim 1, wherein the container is filled with 0.3 mL of the aqueous ophthalmic solution.
3. The aqueous ophthalmic solution according to claim 1, wherein the container is manufactured by extrusion blow moulding method.
4. The aqueous ophthalmic solution according to claim 1, wherein an amount of the aqueous ophthalmic solution in the container falls within a range of from 0.2 to 0.5 mL.
5. The aqueous ophthalmic solution according to claim 1, wherein less than 10% of said tafluprost is absorbed when the aqueous solution is stored at 40 degree Celsius for four weeks in the container.
6. The aqueous ophthalmic solution according to claim 1, wherein the container contains no material other than polyethylene.
7. The aqueous ophthalmic solution according to claim 6, wherein the material other than polyethylene is selected from the group consisting of polypropylene, polyethylene terephthalate, polyvinyl chloride, acrylic resins, polystyrene, polymethyl methacrylate and nylon 6.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.