DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,993,467
|Title:||Formulations of 4-amino-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidine-3-yl)isoindoline-1,3-dione|
|Abstract:||Pharmaceutical compositions and single unit dosage forms of 4-amino-2-(2,6-dioxopiperidine-3-yl)isoindoline-1,3-dione, or a pharmaceutically acceptable stereoisomer, prodrug, salt, solvate, hydrate, or clathrate, are provided herein. Also provided are methods of treating, managing, or preventing various disorders, such as cancer or an inflammatory disease.|
|Inventor(s):||Tutino; Anthony J. (New Providence, NJ), Kelly; Michael T. (Lake Hopatcong, NJ)|
|Assignee:||Celgene Corporation (Summit, NJ)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 9,993,467|
1. An oral dosage form in the form of a capsule which comprises: 1) pomalidomide at an amount of 0.1 to 3 weight percent of the total weight of the composition; 2) a binder
or filler at an amount of 90 to 99 weight percent of total weight of the composition, wherein the binder or filler is a mixture of starch and mannitol; and wherein the ratio of mannitol:starch in the dosage form is from about 1:1 to about 1:1.5.
2. The oral dosage form of claim 1, wherein pomalidomide is present at an amount of 0.5 to 2 weight percent of total weight of the composition.
3. The oral dosage form of claim 1, wherein the binder or filler is present at an amount of 95 to 99 weight percent of total weight of the composition.
4. The oral dosage form of claim 1, wherein the starch is pregelatinized starch.
5. The oral dosage form of claim 1, wherein the mannitol is spray dried mannitol.
6. The oral dosage form of claim 1 further comprising a lubricant at an amount of 0.01 to 1 weight percent of total weight of the composition.
7. The oral dosage form of claim 6, wherein the lubricant is present at an amount of 0.1 to 0.5 weight percent of total weight of the composition.
8. The oral dosage form of claim 7, wherein the lubricant is sodium stearyl fumarate.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.