DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,949,986
|Title:||Synthetic bile acid compositions and methods|
|Abstract:||Bile acids and related compositions and methods of synthesis and use. More specifically, deoxycholic acid and related compositions, said compositions being free of all moieties of animal origin and free of pyrogenic moieties.|
|Inventor(s):||Moriarty; Robert M. (Calabasas, CA), David; Nathaniel E. (Calabasas, CA), Mahmood; Nadir Ahmeduddin (Calabasas, CA)|
|Assignee:||Kythera Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (Parsippany, NJ)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 9,949,986|
1. A method for reducing a subcutaneous fat deposit in a subject in need thereof, the method comprising administering locally to the subcutaneous fat deposit in the subject
a composition comprising: a fat-dissolving effective amount of DCA ##STR00024## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, wherein the DCA comprises a synthetic side chain of formula: ##STR00025## and at least one pharmaceutically acceptable
excipient and/or carrier.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the DCA or the pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof is present in the composition in an amount of about 0.1% w/v to about 2% w/v.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the composition further comprises phosphatidylcholine.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the composition does not contain phosphatidylcholine.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the subcutaneous fat deposit is associated with a condition selected from the group consisting of obesity, fat redistribution syndrome, eyelid fat herniation, lipomas, Dercum's disease, lipodystrophy, buffalo hump lipodystrophy, dorsocervical fat, visceral adiposity, breast enlargement, hyperadiposity, diffused body fat around trunk and arms, and fat deposits associated with cellulite.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the DCA salt is sodium deoxycholate.
7. The method of claim 3, wherein the phosphatidylcholine is present in the composition in an amount of up to 5% w/v.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.