DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,775,849
|Title:||Implants and methods for treating inflammation-mediated conditions of the eye|
|Abstract:||Methods for treating inflammation-mediated conditions of the eye are described, comprising: implanting into the vitreous of the eye of an individual a bioerodible implant comprising a steroidal anti-inflammatory agent and a bioerodible polymer, wherein the implant delivers the agent to the vitreous in an amount sufficient to reach a concentration equivalent to at least about 0.05 .mu.g/ml dexamethasone within about 48 hours and maintains a concentration equivalent to at least about 0.03 .mu.g/ml dexamethasone for at least about three weeks.|
|Inventor(s):||Wong; Vernon G. (Menlo Park, CA), Hu; Mae W. L. (Los Altos Hills, CA)|
|Assignee:||Allergan, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
1. A method for treating an inflammation-mediated condition of the eye comprising: implanting into the vitreous of the eye a bioerodible implant consisting of a steroidal
anti-inflammatory agent and a bioerodible polymer, wherein the implant is produced by an extrusion method, wherein the total weight of the implant is about 500-1000 .mu.g, and wherein the inflammation-mediated condition of the eye is macular edema, acute
macular degeneration, retinal detachment, or proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR).
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the bioerodible polymer is a polylactic acid polyglycolic acid (PLGA) copolymer.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the PLGA copolymer is a 50/50 PLGA copolymer.
4. The method of claim 2, wherein the steroidal anti-inflammatory agent comprises about 10% to 90% by weight of the implant.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein the steroidal anti-inflammatory agent comprises about 50% to about 80% by weight of the implant.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the steroidal anti-inflammatory agent is dexamethasone.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.