DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,730,910
|Title:||Treatment of circadian rhythm disorders|
|Abstract:||Embodiments of the invention relate to the use of a melatonin agonist in the treatment of free running circadian rhythms in patients, including light perception impaired patients, e.g., blind patients, and to methods of measuring circadian rhythm.|
|Inventor(s):||Dressman; Marlene Michelle (Germantown, MD), Feeney; John Joseph (Olney, MD), Licamele; Louis William (Potomac, MD), Polymeropoulos; Mihael H. (Potomac, MD)|
|Assignee:||Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Washington, DC)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 9,730,910|
1. A method of treating a patient for a circadian rhythm disorder wherein the patient is being treated with rifampicin, the method comprising: (A) discontinuing the
rifampicin treatment and then (B) treating the patient with tasimelteon, thereby avoiding the use of tasimelteon in combination with rifampicin and also thereby avoiding reduced exposure to tasimelteon caused by induction of CYP3A4 by rifampicin.
2. The method of claim 1 that comprises treating the patient for Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein the patient is light perception impaired (LPI).
4. The method of claim 3 wherein treating the patient with tasimelteon comprises orally administering to the patient 20 mg of tasimelteon once daily before a target bedtime.
5. The method of claim 4 wherein the patient is entrained to a 24 hour sleep-wake cycle in which the patient awakens at or near a target wake time following a daily sleep period of approximately 7 to 9 hours.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.