DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,713,599
|Title:||Parenteral formulations of treprostinil|
|Abstract:||The present invention describes novel methods for using Treprostinil or its derivative, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, for the treatment and/or prevention of ischemic lesions, such as digital ulcers, in subjects with scleroderma (including systemic sclerosis), Buerger's disease, Raynaud's disease, Raynaud's phenomenon and/or other conditions that cause such lesions. The invention also relates to kits for treatment and/or prevention of ischemic lesions, comprising an effective amount of Treprostinil or its derivative, or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof.|
|Inventor(s):||Wade; Michael (Chapel Hill, NC)|
|Assignee:||United Therapeutics Corporation (Silver Spring, MD)|
1. A method of treating pulmonary hypertension comprising parenterally administering to a subject in need thereof a formulation comprising a) 0.1 to 5% w/v of treprostinil or a
pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof and b) a citrate buffer.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the parenteral administration is performed intravenously.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the formulation is sterile and isotonic with a blood of the subject.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the formulation is administered at a rate of 0.625 to 50 ng/kg/min.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the formulation is administered at a rate of 10 to 15 ng/kg/min.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.