DrugPatentWatch Database PreviewSee Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,585,681
|Title:||Device and methods for treating paranasal sinus conditions|
|Abstract:||Described here are paranasal sinus devices for treating paranasal sinus conditions. The devices include a cavity member, ostial member, and nasal portion. One or more of the cavity member, ostial member, and nasal portion may deliver an active agent for sustained release to treat the paranasal sinus condition. Exemplary paranasal sinus conditions are sinus inflammation due to functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) and rhinosinusitis.|
|Inventor(s):||Eaton; Donald J. (Los Altos, CA), Tice; Thomas R. (Indian Springs, AL), Downie; David B. (Cupertino, CA), Arensdorf; Patrick A. (Palo Alto, CA), Brenneman; Rodney A. (San Juan Capistrano, CA), Biggs; Danielle L. (Hoover, AL)|
|Assignee:||Intersect ENT, Inc. (Menlo Park, CA)|
1. A method of delivering a paranasal sinus device comprising: advancing a bioabsorbable expandable
device into a paranasal sinus cavity with a delivery device, the expandable device being sized and shaped to fit within a paranasal sinus cavity and being at least partly conformable to the shape thereof, the expandable device comprising a pronged
structure comprising a plurality of filaments that expand radially outwardly, each filament having a proximal end and a distal end, wherein only the proximal ends of each filament join together, and wherein the distal end of each filament is a free
distal end; and withdrawing the delivery device, wherein the expandable device remains in and at least partially conformed to the paranasal sinus cavity after the delivery device has been completely withdrawn.
2. The method of claim 1 wherein the expandable device is configured to biodegrade.
3. The method of claim 2 wherein the expandable device comprises one or more biodegradable polymers.
4. The method of claim 1 wherein the expandable device is configured to release one or more active agents.
5. The method of claim 1 wherein the one or more active agents comprises mometasone furoate.
6. The method of claim 1 wherein the expandable device comprises one or more radiopaque markers.
7. The method of claim 6 further comprising indirectly visualizing the expandable device.
8. The method of claim 1 wherein advancing the expandable device comprises advancing the expandable device under direct visualization.
9. The method of claim 1 wherein the expandable device is self-expanding.
10. The method of claim 1 wherein the expandable device comprises one or more anchoring elements on each filament, wherein the anchoring elements are configured to anchor the expandable device within the paranasal sinus cavity.
11. The method of claim 1 wherein each filament is between about 2 cm and about 5 cm in length.
12. The method of claim 1 wherein the delivery device comprises a handle, a sheath, and a distal portion onto which the expandable device is loaded.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.