DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,572,856
|Title:||Method of treating low blood pressure|
|Abstract:||A method for treating a patient suffering from one of septic shock, acute kidney injury, severe hypotension, cardiac arrest, and refractory hypotension, but not from myocardial infarction, is provided. The method includes administering a therapeutically effective dose of Angiotensin II, or Ang II, to the patient.|
|Inventor(s):||Chawla; Lakhmir (Mclean, VA)|
|Assignee:||The George Washington University a Congressionally Chartered Not-for-Profit Corporation (Washington, DC)|
1. A method of treating a human patient suffering from refractory hypotension, comprising administering angiotensin II to the patient at a rate of about 20 ng/kg/min while
the patient is receiving a vasopressor, wherein the vasopressor is vasopressin or a catecholamine.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the Angiotensin II is administered to the patient over a period of from about 1 hour to about 7 hours.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the Angiotensin II is administered to the patient over a period of from about 2 hours to about 6 hours.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the Angiotensin II is administered to the patient over a period of from about 3 hours to about 5 hours.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the vasopressor is a catecholamine.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the catecholamine is norepinephrine.
7. The method of claim 6, wherein the norepinephrine is administered to the patient at a rate of >15 mcg/min.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the vasopressor is vasopressin.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.