DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,555,023
|Title:||Pharmaceutical salts and polymorphs of a factor Xa inhibitor|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides for salts comprising a compound of Formula I and an acid that has activity against mammalian factor Xa. The present invention is also directed to methods of making the compound of Formula I. ##STR00001##|
|Inventor(s):||Grant; Craig (Burwell, GB), Kanter; James P. (San Ramon, CA), Langlands; Graeme (Soham, GB)|
|Assignee:||Millennium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)|
1. A method for preventing pulmonary embolism in a mammal in need thereof comprising administering to said mammal a therapeutically effective amount of a salt represented by
formula II: ##STR00014## wherein the salt is in a crystalline form characterized by a powder X-ray diffraction pattern having at least four approximate characteristic peak locations selected from 4.9, 9.7, 13.8, 14.1, 15.2, 17.6, 18.5, 20.8, 21.6, 22.7,
24.1, 26.3, and 26.8 degrees 2.theta..
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the salt is administered to the mammal in the form of a pharmaceutical composition comprising the salt and a pharmaceutically acceptable carrier.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is in capsule form.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the method comprises administering the capsule once or several times daily.
5. The method of claim 2, wherein the salt has a differential scanning calorimetry approximate to the differential scanning calorimetry pattern shown in FIG. 2A.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the salt has a powder X-ray diffraction pattern having at least eight approximate characteristic peak locations selected from 4.9, 9.7, 11.8, 13.8, 14.1, 15.2, 17.6, 18.5, 19.9, 20.8, 21.6, 22.7, 24.1, 25.0, 26.3, and 26.8 degrees 2.theta..
7. The method of claim 1, wherein the salt has a powder X-ray diffraction pattern approximate to the powder X-ray diffraction pattern shown in FIG. 1A.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.