DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
Email this page to a colleague
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,533,955
|Title:||Solid forms of bendamustine hydrochloride|
|Abstract:||Novel solid forms of bendamustine hydrochloride are described, as well as methods of their preparation and use.|
|Inventor(s):||Cooper; Martin Ian (Foxton, GB), Courvoisier; Laurent D. (Thorndale, PA), Eddleston; Mark (Chillwell, GB), McKean; Robert E. (Chester Springs, PA)|
|Assignee:||Cephalon, Inc. (Frazer, PA)|
1. A crystalline form of bendamustine hydrochloride that is Form 3 that produces an X-ray powder diffraction pattern having peaks at 7.9 and 15.5.+-.0.2 degrees 2.theta..
2. The crystalline form of claim 1, wherein the X-ray powder diffraction pattern further comprises a peak selected from the group consisting of 10.6, 21.3, 22.1, 23.3 and 26.1.+-.0.2 degrees 2.theta..
3. A composition comprising at least one pharmaceutically acceptable excipient and a crystalline form of bendamustine hydrochloride that is Form 3, wherein the composition produces an X-ray powder diffraction pattern having peaks at 7.9 and 15.5.+-.0.2 degrees 2.theta..
4. The composition of claim 3, wherein the X-ray powder diffraction pattern further comprises a peak selected from the group consisting of 10.6, 21.3, 22.1, 23.3 and 26.1.+-.0.2 degrees 2.theta..
5. The composition of claim 3, wherein the excipient is sodium phosphate, potassium phosphate, citric acid, tartaric acid, gelatin, glycine, mannitol, lactose, sucrose, maltose, glycerin, dextrose, dextran, trehalose, hetastarch, or a mixture thereof.
6. The composition of claim 3, wherein the excipient is mannitol.
7. The composition of claim 3, further comprising bendamustine hydrochloride monohydrate.
8. The composition of claim 3, further comprising amorphous bendamustine hydrochloride.
9. The composition of claim 3, further comprising bendamustine hydrochloride monohydrate and amorphous bendamustine hydrochloride.
10. A method of treating chronic lymphocytic leukemia, Hodgkin's disease, non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, multiple myeloma, or breast cancer in a patient in need thereof comprising administering to the patient a composition according to claim 3.
11. The method according to claim 10, wherein the non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is indolent B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.
12. The method according to claim 10, comprising administering the composition as a reconstituted injectable preparation.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.