DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,504,666
|Title:||Chloroprocaine-based pharmaceutical composition for repeated intrathecal administration|
|Abstract:||This invention relates to an injectable pharmaceutical composition based on chloroprocaine or salts and/or derivatives thereof for use in central loco-regional anesthesia by intrathecal administration in repeated doses. Unexpectedly, the intrathecal administration in repeated doses of chloroprocaine does not increase the neurotoxicity of this drug in statistically significant manner.|
|Inventor(s):||Mitidieri; Augusto (Lugano, CH), Donati; Elisabetta (Cavallasca, IT), Caronzolo; Nicola (Bissone, CH)|
|Assignee:||SINTETICA S.A. (Mendrisio, CH)|
1. A method of central loco-anesthesia comprising the intrathecal administration of an injectable pharmaceutical aqueous solution of chloroprocaine or salts thereof,
which is preservatives and/or antioxidant free and has a pH from 3 to 4, wherein the dosage of chloroprocaine administered is from 15 to 80 mg/day daily and wherein said intrathecal administration is repeated for a time period of 2 to 10 days.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the dosage of chloroprocaine administered is from 30 to 60 mg/day.
3. The method according to claim 1, comprising the intrathecal administration of the injectable pharmaceutical aqueous solution of chloroprocaine or salts thereof in combination with adrenaline and or an analgesic drug.
4. The method according to claim 1, wherein the chloroprocaine salts is chloroprocaine HCl.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein the intrathecal administration comprises the administration of said a daily dose repeated for a period of 3 to 7 days.
6. The method according to claim 1, wherein the injectable pharmaceutical aqueous solution of chloroprocaine comprises chloroprocaine HCl, sodium chloride, sterile water and hydrochloride acid.
7. The method according to claim 1, wherein the injectable pharmaceutical aqueous solution of chloroprocaine comprises an amount of chloroprocaine from 0.5 to 1.5% by weight.
8. The method according to claim 1, wherein the injectable pharmaceutical aqueous solution of chloroprocaine comprises 5-15 mg of chloroprocaine HCl/ml of water, 4-12 mg of NaCl and HCl in an amount sufficient to reach a pH of 3.0-4.0.
9. The method according to claim 3, wherein the analgesic drug is selected from acetaminophen, NSAIDs, corticosteroids and opiate drugs.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.