DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,463,289
|Title:||Dose counters for inhalers, inhalers and methods of assembly thereof|
|Abstract:||A manually operated metered dose inhaler includes a dose counter chamber including a dose display tape driven by a ratchet wheel which is driven in turn by an actuator pawl actuated by movement of a canister, the tape unwinding from a stock bobbin during use of the inhaler, a rotation regulator being provided for the stock bobbin and including a wavelike engagement surface with concavities which engage against control elements in the form of protrusions on resilient forks of a split pin thereby permitting incremental unwinding of the stock bobbin yet resisting excessive rotation if the inhaler is dropped onto a hard surface.|
|Inventor(s):||Walsh; Declan (County Kilkenny, IE), Fenlon; Derek (County Wexford, IE), Kaar; Simon (County Cork, IE), Hazenberg; Jan Geert (County Kilkenny, IE), Buck; Daniel (County Waterford, IE), Clancy; Paul (Waterford, IE), Uschold; Robert Charles (Leominster, MA), Karg; Jeffrey A. (Hopkinton, MA)|
|Assignee:||IVAX Pharmaceuticals Ireland (Waterford, IE) Norton (Waterford) Limited (Waterford, IE) Teva Pharmaceuticals Ireland (Waterford, IE)|
|Patent Litigation and PTAB cases:||See patent lawsuits and PTAB cases for patent 9,463,289|
1. An inhaler for metered dose inhalation, the inhaler comprising: a main body having a canister housing, a medicament canister, which is moveable relative to the canister
housing and retained in a central outlet port of the canister housing arranged to mate with a canister fire stem of the medicament canister, and a dose counter having an actuation member having at least a portion thereof located in the canister housing
for operation by movement of the medicament canister, wherein the canister housing has an inner wall, and a first inner wall canister support formation extending inwardly from a main surface of the inner wall, and wherein the canister housing has a
longitudinal axis X which passes through the center of the central outlet port, the inner wall canister support formation, the actuation member, and the central outlet port lying in a common plane coincident with the longitudinal axis X.
2. The inhaler as claimed in claim 1 wherein the medicament canister is movable relative to the dose counter.
3. The inhaler as claimed in claim 1 further comprising an aperture formed in the inner wall through which the portion of the actuation member extends.
4. The inhaler as claimed in claim 1, wherein the first inner wall canister support formation comprises a support rail which extends longitudinally along an inside surface of the main body.
5. The inhaler as claimed in claim 4, wherein the support rail includes a step formed thereon.
6. The inhaler as claimed in claim 4 further comprising a plurality of support rails each of which extends longitudinally along an inside surface of the main body.
7. The inhaler as claimed in claim 6, wherein two of the plurality of support rails are positioned at opposite ends of the inside surface of the main body to face each other.
8. The inhaler as claimed in claim 4, wherein the support rail includes two steps formed thereon, the steps being spaced apart longitudinally along an inside surface of the main body.
9. The inhaler as claimed in claim 4, wherein the support rail merges with the inner wall at a location adjacent the aperture.
10. The inhaler as claimed in claim 9, wherein a width dimension of the support rail is not constant, and the width dimension is greatest at the location where the support rail merges with the inner wall.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.