Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Anticipate generic drug launch
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
|Title:||Nitric oxide delivery device|
|Abstract:||A nitric oxide delivery device including a valve assembly, a control module and a gas delivery mechanism is described. An exemplary gas delivery device includes a valve assembly with a valve and circuit including a memory, a processor and a transceiver in communication with the memory. The memory may include gas data such as gas identification, gas expiration and gas concentration. The transceiver on the circuit of the valve assembly may send wireless optical line-of-sight signals to communicate the gas data to a control module. Exemplary gas delivery mechanisms include a ventilator and a breathing circuit. Methods of administering gases containing nitric oxide are also described.|
|Inventor(s):||Bathe; Duncan P. (Fitchburg, WI), Klaus; John (Cottage Grove, WI), Christensen; David (Cambridge, WI)|
|Assignee:||Mallinckrodt Hospital Products IP Limited (Dublin, IE)|
1. A therapy gas delivery system comprising: a device comprising: a drug source; and a circuit comprising: a first memory to store drug data comprising one or more of drug
identification, drug expiration date and drug concentration of the drug source; and a first processor and a first transceiver in communication with the first memory; and a control module that delivers therapy gas comprising nitric oxide in an amount
effective to treat or prevent hypoxic respiratory failure, the control module comprising a second memory, a second transceiver and a second processor, wherein the second transceiver and the second processor are in communication with the second memory,
wherein the first transceiver and the second transceiver send and receive signals to communicate the drug data to the control module and to verify one or more of the drug identification, the drug concentration and that the drug is not expired.
2. The system of claim 1, wherein the drug source comprises a gas cylinder.
3. The system of claim 1, wherein the drug source comprises one or more of NO and NO.sub.2.
4. The system of claim 1, wherein the control module further comprises an input means to enter patient information into the second memory.
5. The system of claim 4, wherein the second processor compares the patient information entered into the second memory via the input means and the drug data that the first transceiver communicated to the second transceiver.
6. A method for administering a therapy gas to a patient, the method comprising: establishing communication between a device and a control module for administering therapy gas comprising nitric oxide to a subject via a first transceiver and a second transceiver, wherein the device comprises a drug source and the first transceiver is in communication with a first memory that stores drug data comprising one or more of drug identification, drug expiration date and drug concentration of the drug source, and wherein the control module comprises the second transceiver and a second memory; communicating the drug data from the first transceiver to the second transceiver via wired or wireless signals; comparing the drug data with patient information stored in the second memory; and delivering therapy gas comprising nitric oxide to the patient in an amount effective to treat or prevent hypoxic respiratory failure.
7. The method of claim 6, further comprising preventing or ceasing delivery of the therapy gas to the patient based on the comparison of the drug data and the patient information.
8. The method of claim 6, further comprising emitting an alert based on the comparison of the drug data and the patient information.
9. The method of claim 6, further comprising entering the drug data into the first memory.
10. The method of claim 6, further comprising entering the patient information into the second memory.
11. The method of claim 6, wherein the drug source comprises one or more of NO and NO.sub.2.