DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,381,179
|Title:||Administration of 6-[3-(1-adamantyl)-4-methoxyphenyl]-2-naphthoic acid for the treatment of dermatological disorders|
|Abstract:||Dermatological disorders having an inflammatory or proliferative component are treated with pharmaceutical compositions containing on the order of 0.3% by weight of 6-[3-(1-adamantyl)-4-methoxyphenyl]-2-naphthanoic acid (adapalene) or salt thereof, formulated into pharmaceutically acceptable media therefor, advantageously topically applicable gels, creams or lotions.|
|Inventor(s):||Graeber; Michael (Lawrenceville, NJ), Czernielewski; Janusz (Biot, FR)|
|Assignee:||GALDERMA RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT (Biot, FR)|
1. A method for eliciting an early onset of action in regression of non-inflammatory lesions in treating common acne afflicting an individual's skin, the individual being in
need of such treatment, comprising topically administering daily to said individual an anti-acne effective amount of a pharmaceutical composition which comprises 0.3% by weight of 6-[3-(1-adamantyl)-4-methoxyphenyl]-2-naphthoic acid (adapalene) or salt
thereof, formulated into a pharmaceutically acceptable medium therefor, said composition being a gel or a cream, said early onset of action occurring by two weeks after treatment begins and being demonstrated by regression of non-inflammatory lesions
after two weeks of treatment greater than that demonstrated by vehicle alone or by a similar composition comprising 0.1% by weight of adapalene after two weeks of treatment.
2. The method according to claim 1, wherein the common acne is of moderate to moderately severe intensity.
3. The method according to claim 1, wherein the composition is a gel comprising adapalene, carbomer 940, disodium edetate, methyl paraben, poloxamer 124, propylene glycol, sodium hydroxide and purified water.
4. The method according to claim 2, wherein the composition is a gel comprising adapalene, carbomer 940, disodium edetate, methyl paraben, poloxamer 124, propylene glycol, sodium hydroxide and purified water.
5. The method according to claim 1, wherein the composition comprises a gel.
6. The method according to claim 2, wherein the composition comprises a gel.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.