DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,370,622
|Title:||Devices and methods for delivering particles|
|Abstract:||Systems, devices, and methods for delivering therapeutic particles are disclosed. In one variation, a device for delivering particles includes a gas supply configured for supplying gas under pressure, a particle cassette comprising the particles, a cassette housing, and a cassette membrane. The cassette housing can comprise an Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) copolymer of 18% to 28% by weight of Vinyl Acetate (VA). The device can also include a safety interlock to prevent or minimize the risk that the device will be unintentionally activated. The device can also have a silencer.|
|Inventor(s):||Tsui; Victor K. (Millbrae, CA)|
|Assignee:||Powder Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (HK)|
1. A method for delivering particles comprising: storing the particles in a particle cassette having a cassette housing and a cassette membrane, wherein the cassette housing comprises
an Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA) copolymer of 18% to 28% Vinyl Acetate (VA); delivering pressurized gas to the exterior of the particle cassette; rupturing the particle cassette with the pressurized gas; and accelerating the particles out of the
particle cassette with the pressurized gas, wherein greater than 40% of the particles are delivered by the pressurized gas, wherein the cassette membrane comprises polycarbonate, polyethylene terephthalate, and polyether ether ketone.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein greater than 70% of the particles are delivered by the pressurized gas.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein 40-85% of the particles are delivered by the pressurized gas.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein 60-85% of the particles are delivered by the pressurized gas.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the cassette membrane is 10 to 30 microns thick.
6. The method of claim 1, further comprising disengaging a safety interlock.
7. The method of claim 1, further comprising accelerating the particles out of the particle cassette with the pressurized gas through a silencer.
8. The method of claim 1, wherein the cassette membrane is composed of 1/3 polycarbonate, 1/3 polyethylene terephthalate, and 1/3 polyether ether ketone.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.