|Abstract:||The present invention can retain the volume of a tablet large without increasing the thickness of the tablet or the like dimension and prevents a plurality of tablets from sticking to each other even if they are subjected to a film-coating or the like treatment, so as to improve the yield. The tablet is a tablet (1) longer in one direction when seen in plan. The tablet (1) has side edges (6) each of which extends in a longitudinal direction and is formed in the shape of a curve projecting outwardly in plan view. The curve has a radius of curvature (R1) set to at least 1.5 times a length (L) of the tablet. This makes a projected area of the tablet (1) in plan view at least 97% with respect to a projected area of a standard elliptical tablet having opposite end portions each of which is formed by a semi-circle having a diameter of a width (W) of the tablet.|
|Inventor(s):||Koike; Masahiko (Osaka, JP), Koyama; Hiroyoshi (Osaka, JP)|
|Assignee:||TAKEDA PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY LIMITED (Osaka-Shi, JP)|
1. A tablet comprising a pharmaceutical active component and/or a therapeutic agent in a quantity dosed for swallowing, wherein the tablet has a main body with upper
and lower surfaces that each smoothly protrude outwardly in a shape of an elliptical semi-sphere, wherein the tablet has a peripheral side surface that extends vertically between a peripheral edge of the upper surface and a peripheral edge of the lower
surface, wherein, when the tablet is viewed in a plan of the upper surface: the tablet has a length that is greater than a width; the tablet has opposing peripheral side portions that extend along a portion of the length of the tablet; the opposing
peripheral side portions each define an outwardly projecting curve having a radius of curvature at least 2.53 times a length of the tablet but not more than 3.41 times the length of the tablet; the tablet has opposing peripheral end portions that each
define an outwardly projecting end arc having a radius of curvature that is smaller than half a width of the tablet; and the tablet has a projected area in the plan view of at least 97% with respect to a projected area of an object having the same
length and width as the tablet but having opposing linear peripheral side edges and opposite peripheral end portions that each define a semi-circle having a diameter equal to the width of the tablet; and wherein the tablet is provided with a
2. The tablet as set forth in claim 1, wherein, when the tablet is viewed in the plan of the upper surface, the peripheral edge of the upper surface is outwardly curved in its entirety.
3. The tablet as set forth in claim 1, wherein the end arcs of the opposing end portions have opposite ends that smoothly connect to the opposing peripheral side portions of the tablet.
4. The tablet according to claim 1, wherein the film-coating is 10 to 200 .mu.m thick.
5. The tablet according to claim 1, wherein the tablet weighs at least 150 mg.
6. The tablet according to claim 1, wherein the tablet weighs at least 300 mg.
7. The tablet according to claim 1, wherein the tablet weighs at least 600 mg.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.