Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Find generic entry opportunities
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Flat-rate pricing for predictable budgeting
Short-term plans for project- or client-based billing
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Reduced dose pharmaceutical compositions of fenofibrate|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides a reduced dose oral pharmaceutical composition comprising mixture of nanoparticulate fenofibrate and micronized fenofibrate and one or more pharmaceutically acceptable excipients.|
|Inventor(s):||Kallem; Venkat Reddy (Hyderabad, IN), Kasu; Raghu Rami Reddy (Maharashtra, IN), Das; Subhasis (Maharashtra, IN), Thommandru; Vijaya Kumar (Maharashtra, IN)|
|Assignee:||Lupin Atlantis Holdings, S.A. (Schaffhausen, CH)|
1. An oral pharmaceutical composition comprising fenofibrate, wherein the composition comprises a mixture of nanoparticulate fenofibrate and micronized fenofibrate and one or more
pharmaceutically acceptable excipients, wherein the pharmaceutical composition is a solid, the ratio of the nanoparticulate fenofibrate to the micronized fenofibrate is 50:50 wt/wt, and the pharmaceutical composition includes a dosage of about 90 mg of
fenofibrate, wherein the composition is bioequivalent to ANTARA.RTM. capsule containing 130 mg of micronized fenofibrate particles, wherein the bioequivalence of the composition is established by: (i) a 90% Confidence Interval for AUC which is between
0.80 and 1.25; and (ii) a 90% Confidence Interval for CmnaX, which is between 0.80 and 1.25 under fasting condition.
2. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 which is substantially free of food effect.
3. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1 wherein the composition is formulated into a dosage form selected from the group consisting of tablets and capsules.
4. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein nanoparticulate fenofibrate has an effective particle size of about 1 nm to about 950 nm.
5. The pharmaceutical composition of claim 1, wherein micronized fenofibrate has an effective particle size of about 1 .mu.m to about 50 .mu.m.
6. A method of treating a patient for primary hyperlipidemia, hypercholesterolemia, and/or hypertriglyceridemia comprising administering to the patient in need thereof an effective amount of the pharmaceutical composition of claim 1.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.