Find generic entry opportunities
Deep knowledge on
small-molecule drugs and
the 110,000 global patents
Proactively manage your pharmacy inventory
Manage your formulary budget
Drug patents …
… from Kazakhstan to Kalamazoo
Anticipate generic drug launch
Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||Formulations of bendamustine|
|Abstract:||Long term storage stable bendamustine-containing compositions are disclosed. The compositions can include bendamustine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof, and a pharmaceutically acceptable fluid which can include in some embodiments PEG, PG or mixtures thereof and an antioxidant or chloride ion source. The bendamustine-containing compositions have less than about 5% total impurities, on a normalized peak area response ("PAR") basis as determined by high performance liquid chromatography ("HPLC") at a wavelength of 223 nm, after at least about 15 months of storage at a temperature of from about 5.degree. C. to about 25.degree. C.|
|Inventor(s):||Palepu; Nagesh R. (Southampton, PA), Buxton; Philip Christopher (Great Dunmow, GB)|
|Assignee:||Eagle Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Woodcliff Lake, NJ)|
1. A non-aqueous liquid bendamustine-containing composition, comprising: a) bendamustine or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof; and b) a pharmaceutically acceptable fluid
comprising; i) about 5% to about 10% by volume propylene glycol, ii) polyethylene glycol, and iii) a stabilizing amount of an antioxidant selected from the group consisting of thioglycerol, monothioglycerol, lipoic acid, propyl gallate, methionine,
cysteine, metabisulfites, sodium formaldehyde sulfoxylate, phenol-containing aromatic and aliphatic compounds and dihydrolipoic acid; the bendamustine-containing composition having less than or equal to 0.11% total PG esters at about 1 month of storage
at a temperature of about 5.degree. C.; wherein the ratio of polyethylene glycol to propylene glycol is selected from the group consisting of: about 95:5, about 90:10, about 85:15, about 80:20 and about 75:25.
2. The liquid bendamustine-containing composition of claim 1, wherein said bendamustine-containing composition has less than or equal to 0.18% total PG esters at about 12 months of storage at a temperature of about 5.degree. C.
3. The liquid bendamustine-containing composition of claim 1, wherein the amount of propylene glycol in the pharmaceutically acceptable fluid is about 10%.
4. The liquid bendamustine-containing composition of claim 1, wherein the bendamustine concentration is from about 20 mg/mL to about 60 mg/mL.
5. The liquid bendamustine-containing composition of claim 4, wherein the bendamustine concentration is from about 25 mg/mL to about 50 mg/mL.
6. The liquid bendamustine-containing composition of claim 5, wherein the bendamustine concentration is about 50 mg/mL.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.