DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,241,918
|Title:||Enhanced bimatoprost ophthalmic solution|
|Abstract:||A composition comprising from 0.005% to 0.02% bimatoprost by weight and from 100 ppm to 250 ppm benzalkonium chloride, wherein said composition is an aqueous liquid which is formulated for ophthalmic administration is disclosed herein. A method which is useful in treating glaucoma or ocular hypertension related thereto is also disclosed herein.|
|Inventor(s):||Chang; Chin-Ming (Tustin, CA), Chang; James N. (Newport Beach, CA), Schiffman; Rhett M. (Laguna Beach, CA), Jordan; R. Scott (Trabuco Canyon, CA), Chang-Lin; Joan-En (Tustin, CA)|
|Assignee:||Allergan, Inc. (Irvine, CA)|
1. A first ophthalmic composition for the treatment of glaucoma or elevated intraocular pressure comprising about 0.01% w/v bimatoprost, about 200 ppm benzalkonium chloride,
about 0.268% w/v dibasic sodium phosphate heptahydrate, about 0.014% w/v citric acid monohydrate, about 0.81% w/v sodium chloride, and water, wherein administration thereof results in a lower incidence of one or more adverse events as compared to the
administration of a second ophthalmic composition comprising 0.03% w/v bimatoprost and 50 ppm benzalkonium chloride, and wherein the one or more adverse events are selected from the group consisting of macroscopic hyperemia, conjunctival hyperemia,
corneal abnormalities, and punctate keratitis.
2. The composition of claim 1 wherein the concentration of benzalkonium chloride is 200 ppm.
3. The composition of claim 2 having a pH of 7.3 which consists essentially of 0.01% w/v bimatoprost, 200 ppm benzalkonium chloride, 0.268% w/v dibasic sodium phosphate heptahydrate, 0.014% w/v citric acid monohydrate, 0.81% w/v sodium chloride, one or more selected from the group of sodium hydroxide and hydrochloric acid, and water.
4. A method comprising administering to a mammal suffering from glaucoma or intraocular hypertension the composition of claim 1.
5. The composition of claim 1 or 3, wherein the adverse event is macroscopic hyperemia.
6. The composition of claim 1 or 3, wherein the adverse event is conjunctival hyperemia.
7. The composition of claim 1 or 3, wherein the adverse event is corneal abnormalities.
8. The composition of claim 1 or 3, wherein the adverse event is punctate keratitis.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.