DrugPatentWatch Database Preview
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,233,956
|Title:||Benzene sulfonamide thiazole and oxazole compounds|
|Abstract:||The present invention provides thiazole sulfonamide and oxazole sulfonamide compounds, compositions containing the same, as well as processes for the preparation and methods for their use as pharmaceutical agents.|
|Inventor(s):||Rheault; Tara Renae (Durham, NC)|
|Assignee:||Novartis AG (Basel, CH)|
1. A method for treating a susceptible neoplasm selected from melanoma and non-small cell lung cancer in a mammal in need thereof comprising the steps of: (a) analyzing a
sample from said neoplasm to determine whether an activating mutation is present in the coding sequence for B-Raf in cells of said neoplasm; (b) selecting a mammal having said neoplasm with an activating mutation in the coding sequence for B-Raf; and
(c) administering a therapeutically effective amount the compound of formula ##STR00608## or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof to the mammal selected in step (b).
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the activating mutation present in the coding sequence for BRAF results in a BRAF having an amino acid substitution selected from the group consisting of R462I, I463S, G464V, G464E, G466A, G466E, G466V, G469A, G469E, D594V, F595L, G596R, L597V, L597R, T599I, V600E, V600D, V600K, V600R, T119S, and K601E.
3. The method of claim 2, wherein the activating mutation present in the coding sequence for BRAF results in a BRAF having a V600E amino acid substitution.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein said neoplasm is melanoma.
5. The method of claim 4, wherein said neoplasm is metastatic melanoma.
6. The method of claim 1, wherein the activating mutation present in the coding sequence for BRAF results in the coding sequence of BRAF having a substitution of T1799A.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein said mammal is a human.
For more information try a trial or see the plans and pricing
Serving hundreds of leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.