Upgrade to enjoy subscriber-only features like email alerts and data export. See the Plans and Pricing
|Title:||1-[2-(2,4 dimethylphenylsulfanyl)-phenyl]piperazine as a compound with combined serotonin reuptake, 5-HT3 and 5-HT1a activity for the treatment of cognitive impairment|
|Abstract:||1-[2-(2,4-dimethylphenylsulphanyl)phenyl]piperazine exhibits potent activity on SERT, 5-HT.sub.3 and 5-HT.sub.1A and may as such be useful for the treatment of cognitive impairment, especially in depressed patients.|
|Inventor(s):||Faldt; Andre (Ishoj, DK), Holm; Rene (Jyllinge, DK), de Diego; Heidi Lopez (Naerum, DK)|
|Assignee:||H. Lundbeck A/S (Copenhagen-Valby, DK)|
1. A method of treating a disease selected from the group consisting of affective disorders, depression, major depressive disorder, anxiety, general anxiety disorder,
social anxiety disorder, obsessive compulsive disorder, panic disorder, and panic attacks, the method comprising administering a therapeutically effective amount of a hydrobromide salt of Compound I to a patient in need thereof, wherein Compound I is
1-[2-(2,4-dimethylphenylsulfanyl)-phenyl]piperazine, the hydrobromide salt of Compound I is a crystalline compound characterized by XRPD reflections at 6.89, 9.73, 13.78 and 14.64+/-0.10.degree. 2.theta., and the method alleviates a symptom or
complication of the disease or delays the progression of the disease.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the hydrobromide salt is characterized by an XRPD as shown in FIG. 3.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the hydrobromide salt has a particle size distribution corresponding to: D98%: 650-680 .mu.m; D50%: 230-250 .mu.m; and D5%: 40-60 .mu.m; D98%: 370-390 .mu.m; d50%: 100-120 .mu.m; and D5%: 5-15 .mu.m; D98%: 100-125 .mu.m; D50%: 15-25 .mu.m; and D5%: 1-3 .mu.m; or D98%: 50-70 .mu.m; D50%: 3-7 .mu.m; and D5%: 0.5-2 .mu.m.
4. The method of claim 1, wherein the disease is major depressive disorder.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the disease is depression or major depressive disorder.
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verifification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.