DrugPatentWatch Database Preview➤ Get the DrugPatentWatch Daily Briefing
» See Plans and Pricing
« Back to Dashboard
Summary for Patent: 9,199,977
|Title:||Crystal having crystal habits and pharmaceutical composition obtained by processing the crystal|
|Abstract:||An object is to provide means for improving the solubility of luliconazole. Disclosed is a crystal of luliconazole wherein the crystal has such a crystal habit that (021) plane is a specific crystal growth plane.|
|Inventor(s):||Masuda; Takaaki (Kanagawa, JP)|
|Assignee:||POLA PHARMA INC. (Tokyo, JP) NIHON NOHYAKU CO., LTD. (Tokyo, JP)|
1. A crystal of luliconazole represented by the following formula, wherein the crystal is recrystallized from alcohol which optionally contains water, wherein the crystal
has such a crystal habit that (021) plane is a specific crystal growth plane: ##STR00003##
2. The crystal according to claim 1, wherein I.sub.(021)) with respect to a sum total of I.sub.(001), I.sub.(100), I.sub.(10-1), I.sub.(011), I.sub.(110), I.sub.(11-1), I.sub.(10-2), I.sub.(11-2), I.sub.(020), I.sub.(021), I.sub.(20-2), I.sub.(121), I.sub.(013), I.sub.(11-3), and I.sub.(221) is not less than 1/3, provided that in relation to the diffraction peaks detected in a range of 2.theta.=5 to 35.degree. in a powder X-ray diffractometry using CuK.alpha. radiation, the integrated intensities of the diffraction peaks, which correspond to the (001), (100), (10-1), (011), (110), (11-1), (10-2), (11-2), (020), (021), (20-2), (121), (013), (11-3), and (221) planes, are designated as I.sub.(001), I.sub.(100), I.sub.(10-1), I.sub.(011), I.sub.(110), I.sub.(11-1), I.sub.(10-2), I.sub.(11-2), I.sub.(020), I.sub.(021), I.sub.(20-2), I.sub.(121), I.sub.(013), I.sub.(11-3), and I.sub.(221) respectively.
3. The crystal according to claim 1, wherein the crystal has a monoclinic crystal system.
4. An active pharmaceutical ingredient, containing the crystal as defined in claim 1.
5. A method for producing a pharmaceutical composition, comprising a step of dissolving, in a solvent, the crystal as defined in claim 1.
Make Better Decisions: Try a trial or see plans & pricing
Serving leading biopharmaceutical companies globally:
Drugs may be covered by multiple patents or regulatory protections. All trademarks and applicant names are the property of their respective owners or licensors. Although great care is taken in the proper and correct provision of this service, thinkBiotech LLC does not accept any responsibility for possible consequences of errors or omissions in the provided data. The data presented herein is for information purposes only. There is no warranty that the data contained herein is error free. thinkBiotech performs no independent verification of facts as provided by public sources nor are attempts made to provide legal or investing advice. Any reliance on data provided herein is done solely at the discretion of the user. Users of this service are advised to seek professional advice and independent confirmation before considering acting on any of the provided information. thinkBiotech LLC reserves the right to amend, extend or withdraw any part or all of the offered service without notice.